CHAPTER 27

***

***

COMMENT, COMMENT, COMMENT.

I UPLOADED 2 CHAPTERS, BTW!!

COMMENT!!!!!!

Recap;

James pulled into the stop with a squeal of tires sometime later. The neon purple and green light provided a sickly spot lights as well as some fluorescent lights that were broken and flickering. Got up from where I was and walked over to where James had jumped out of the car as was looking around. When his eyes landed on me, he walked forward and pulled me into a tight hug.

"James?"

"Yeah?"

"I think it's time we get the hell out of Dodge."

****

THIS BOOK ENDS WITH CHAPTER THIRTY!

***

CHAPTER 27

***

"I think we should stop at a motel." James said after the first twenty miles. A storm had broken across the inky black sky, and rain had started pouring. "Yea," I agreed, squinting out into the rain. "I cant see anything."

"Alright." James pulled into the very next shady looking motel.

Not Like we had a choice.

We both got out of the car, and rain hit me hard.

"Here!" I looked up, and James was holding his jacket over my head as the rain plastered down his hair, shirt and jeans. "You'll get sick if you get wet."

My jaw fell open. That was so-

"Come on, you cant stand in the rain all day!" James laughed good naturedly, and grabbed me around the waist, and I saw that his arm was around my lower ribcage, not my waist. He remembered the bruise.

We ran, slipping many times in the wet parking lot, to the small reception/office area, getting inside, still laughing with James. The walls were a dull, aged beige, the furniture a sickly green. A two seated couch stood against a wall, with two plastic chairs facing it. There was an old table, painted the same shade of green, but the paint was pealing off of it. The floors were black linoleum, and the desk was made of plywood. Behind it, stood an older woman with Dolly Parton hair that looked brittle to the touch, an inch thick layer of makeup on her face, false eyelashes with little gems at the tips, and a pink blouse that's front cut took a far trip south. Her jeans were tight and skinny, and made me question her blood circulation. She looked thirty plus and belonged in the back streets of Vegas.

"Well," the woman's accent itself was a Dolly Parton impersonation, and a failed one at that. Her I's sounded like ah's.

"Lookie' here. What can ah do for a mite handsome yung man such as yurself?"

Oh, yes. Her impersonation left much to be desired. James blushed heavily at the older woman's blatant interest in him. I crossed my arms across my chest and smirked, ready to enjoy this. "Uh... Hello. I need a room for two... please?" James asked, and he stood stock still, hands as his sides, while she eyed him up like a predator to prey.

"Well, Suga, you dunt need ta go awn makin room fur me, ah can squeaze raht in!" At that I laughed, and when she shot me a slatted glare, I slapped a hand over my mouth and desperately tried to contain my giggles. Satisfied, she turned back to James, who was red as ever.

"Yes- I mean no, th-the room is for me, a-and her." he pointed a shaking finger at a laughing me. I often forget that James is actually nineteen. This woman was a cougar, and I was enjoying the hell out of his discomfort.