CHAPTER 24

****

***

Yes, I uploaded early. See!!! You comment lots, I upload lots!

I have a feeling a few of you are gonna kill me or this one......

REMEMBER; THE MORE YOU COMMENT THE FASTER I UPLOAD!!!

****

CHAPTER 24

***

Nurse Amy Jackson had seen all there was to be seen.

Now forty seven years of age, she was a busy bodied woman. A stock of frizzy, dyed red hair, eyebrows paper line thin, and a little more weight around the middle than she would have liked. Her eyes were grey and watery, and they looked up at people from her short five feet two inches.

However, she worked in Las Vegas, city of dreams, and while she was NOT one of the show girls, living it up VIP style, she still enjoyed the Vegas nightlife.

She'd seen all the oddest things here in the hospital. Girls in show costumes with a twisted ankle after falling from the dizzying heights of their heels. Gangsters with stab wounds. Prostitutes with STDs or in need of abortion. Men in costumes that ranged from Cowboy to tooth fairy, somehow needing a doctor. And on that Friday night, she was dealing with exactly that.

Amy sat at the frond desk, which faced the doors to the constant party beyond, flipping through a magazine. Her all white outfit made her skin look a sickly yellow in the fluorescent lighting, and somehow made her hair look worse.

"So, I was tellin' him to pack his stuff and get, you know what I'm sayin'?" she was saying to the other woman at the desk.

Yes, Nurse Amy Jackson had seen it all.... Up till now.

Loud yelling, sounding far away but seeming to get nearer, drew her attention upwards, to the glass doors. Her eyes widened.

Through the door burst an attractive man. His hair was dark, black, slightly long, which fell into eyes that were dark blue. He was muscular, and over six feet. He wore a suit, with a loose tie. However, that wasn't the most startling thing.

The worst was the girl, in his arms.

Lord, Amy thought, She's beautiful.

Her hair was dark and straight, slightly more brown than black. Her eyes were darkly made up, with blood red lips. Her skin was creamy, and seemed to shimmer of a healthy glow, even in the fluorescent lighting. Her body was lean and toned, with a flat, sculpted stomach on display. Her legs were perfect, muscular and powerful. She wore a skirt that had a few longer pieces, falling to her calves that now fell out of the way, as her knees were hooked around the mans right arm. He cradled her shoulders with his left, as her head hung back, her long hair spilling down her forehead was covered in a light sheen of sweat, her fists and jaw clenched, clearly in pain. Amy ran forward, yelling "Someone get a doctor!"

"What happened," Amy asked the boy, as they set the beauty down on the counter. She arched her back away from the cool marble, her mouth opening, but not a sound came out. Her silent screams of pain. Her fingers unclenched, her nails attempting to claw at the marble beneath her.

"She said something about a benzen. Bunz... bunzen..."

"Benzene!" The nurse cried trying to grab onto the girls wrist to feel for pulse.

"Yes! That!" the young man cried, trying to lay the girl down. Her eyes were closed, and she made slow gasping sounds, pain obvious in her movements.

"It's a toxic chemical, or poison. Found in gasoline. Benzene gives it the oddly pleasant smell." Amy informed, trying to hold the girl down.

"It can be absorbed through the skin. "I've never seen it take action this fast. This has to be some sort of mutation of the chemical. Or an alloy with something else."