CHAPTER 39

***

***

Recap;

I stared at the caskets, in holes in the ground. Hardly fair, I thought.

"I will make this right." I whispered, my voice holding the seal of a promise.

When I looked up, I saw a figure, leaning against a tree. He wore a black suit with a white shirt, his tie hanging loose and his top two buttons undone. His hair seemed to have suffered a slight haircut. His eyes were watching me, midnight blue as ever.

I turned, and walked away from him.

***

SECOND LAST CHAPTER!

IS SHORT!!

***

CHAPTER 29

***

Midnight, and I stood in the bathroom. Staring in the mirror. I filled the sink with hot water, and raised my scissors. I'd straightened my hair with a permanent straightening solution. I bought the blades up, and the first length of my hair fell to the ground.

By the time I was done, the curly-ish hair that had once hung at my waist now just hit the bottom of my shoulder blade and was stick strait. My dark brown, mahogany hair cut down, and hung in side bangs in front on my right eye, a perfectly straight angle across my forehead, covering my eye, down to its flat length. I pulled it up. Opened the hair dye box, emptied it, and applied its contents to my hair. I waited, and leaned forward, washing the gunk off my hair. I walked straight to my hair dryer and dried it. As promised by the hair straightener, it hung straight. I walked toward the mirror. The girl that looked back had hair, black as bitch, past her shoulders, with her right eye hidden by her bangs. I looked different. Not like my mother. Good.

Soon enough, I'd finish this. My mother would be finished.

And it would all be over.

And...

Well, as for me I didn't know were I'd be.

As for James.... Well, I didn't know where I'd stand with him either.... But it had to end.

I'd promised.

Soon, no matter the cost, this was the end.

And I decided it would end Saturday, at 9 am.

Tomorrow morning.

***

***