xix. the dog days are over

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
'𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖽𝗈𝗀 𝖽𝖺𝗒𝗌 𝖺𝗋𝖾 𝗈𝗏𝖾𝗋'

✶ ℕ ✶

𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐒 𝐓𝐎 𝐆𝐎 back to the beginning one way or another. And though it was so close in reach for Nova, quite literally going back to where it all started, changing the beginning for what felt like the better is not and will never be the answer.

Everyone would find that out one way or another, some a little harder earned than others.

Nova couldn't quite find the label for these new feelings, drawn from the past and pushed into the future. Was there a label for wanting to reach new places?

Unlike her carrier, Nova didn't want to leave the comfort of her home. She balanced the excitement of the unknown and the comfort of the known.

Wanderlust, was it?

That had felt right to her. It felt like the answer to what she had been looking for as time went on, her last adventure proving to be a liberating one.

Within this journey, never far from home, she didn't just search for destinations but truly, to find herself. It was one to embrace, one she'd carry on for her carrier even if she had found her last adventure. She'd keep wandering in her place.

And wander she did, right through the streets of Iacon with a few orns that had gone by since her wild adventure through the past that opened her optics in a new light. Now, with a fresh coat of violet paint and music playing from her radio after plugging in the hard drive labeled Clipse's mix.

Bumblebee was a bit confused by the change but embraced it when he saw how happy she was explaining how it happened.

She had told him everything that happened, and now even he held the entire scenario in a new light, remembering and thanking his old friend for sticking with her through and through.

As for the politics that no one ever fancied discussing, much progress had been made. It was clear that it was going to take a lot for Decepticons and Autobots to be one again, to walk among each other like they once did before it all fell, to not be defined by Autobot or Deception or Outsider, but Cybertronians. It will take an enormous amount of trust that would grow over time, along with some perseverance and healing.

No one was sure who would make the first step in the right direction for so long, but Nova and Comet had unintentionally made themselves the first toward a better future for their world.

But the femmeling was always a wanderer, helm lost in the stars as she walked the streets filled with mixed optics alike with Lynx right on her tail. There were red, blue, and whoever else might've strung along the way as a result of Iacon being expanded outward.

In such a short span of time, towns began to be built where the old ones stood, soon to become cities in a few vorns, she was sure. Transport through them began with the build, and for the first time in a long while, it didn't feel like the Golden Age was such an unreachable time period. They felt as if they might reach that point, and soon, with their long-awaited peace.

Her servo gave a wave to Ratchet as she passed by, noticing him fussing away with Jynx that had grown over the few orns. She was ready to take on the world it seemed, constantly trying to zip away from her carrier's side and try out her new wobbly walking. In turn, it gave her poor carrier a spark attack anytime she slipped out of his sight.

Ratchet returned her wave, but asked, "Shouldn't you be at the Academy?"

The Academy was a newer edition that was only in the building process when she left, but the rise in population led to a sooner opening.