xi. there's a future, there's hope

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
'𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋𝖾'𝗌 𝖺 𝖿𝗎𝗍𝗎𝗋𝖾, 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋𝖾'𝗌 𝗁𝗈𝗉𝖾'

✶ ℕ ✶

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆, all of them.

Even Ratchet, who walked in between Bumblebee and Elita, eyed them all wearily.

Behind them were a few other bots, noticeably more uncomfortable by the prying optics. Sunstreaker and Bluestreak reluctantly took the rear, the youngest practically squirming as the sunshine mech walked with an unmoving glare.

When Rune said he'd tell the bots of the makeshift city that they were not a threat, that didn't mean the prevention of their curiosity about the outsiders waltzing in.

It was like their lives continued as normal, but all slowed down just slightly to stare at them passing by whether it was someone doing a chore, walking along, or a sparkling peeking around the corner.

Ratchet was kind of thankful now that he convinced Drift to stay behind with Jynx instead of coming with him.

Not that these bots seemed at all hostile, but he wasn't very trusting and Drift was just as much so but he showcased it a little... differently.

They'd probably piss someone off before they could even reach the machine.

He had only come because he was one of the few that knew where to even start with space bridge technology; but given he's more of a doctor that was forced to expand his knowledge because of the war, he called in for some help.

The number of scientists were slim, the profession just as scarce back even in Cybertron's prime cycles.

The space-time continuum, however? That was an entirely different story, and one none of them ever dabbled in before.

They were essentially going in blind, and one look at that machine in the distance they were approaching was enough to dwindle the confidence of these scientists slightly. It was simply unheard of, but there it was in front of them like a scientist's nightmare pulled into the real world.

For a scientist to be afraid of a pending project spoke louder than glyphs ever could. Sometimes the medic wished Wheeljack was still around. As dangerous of an individual as he was with his projects, he was really fragging smart—more or less.

Still, Ratchet bravely led the group toward it with the bots of the city lingering behind not-so-subtly. Even with lingering doubt, he was determined to give it his all to bring her back, if not for himself or Bumblebee...

But Eclipse.

✶ ℕ ✶

"𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐕𝐄 the mess I got dragged into."

Cliffjumper's voice could be heard aloud as he walked down the street. His heavy steps echoed with slightly faster pitter-patters from beside him.

It was the next cycle—well, it was nearly over by the time he was finished with his business.

The red mech, after giving the younglings some shanix to occupy them for the cycle, decided a bit of snooping around in the Capitol was an order.

He didn't get very far, but it was worth a shot in progressing this mission of Nova's... theirs.

Now, he was walking back talking to the cyber-canine who had yet to leave him alone.

He kind of accepted his presence at this point.