vii. whirrs, pillows, smack!

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
'𝗐𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗌, 𝗉𝗂𝗅𝗅𝗈𝗐𝗌, 𝗌𝗆𝖺𝖼𝗄!'

✶ ℕ ✶

𝐇𝐎𝐖 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐈𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 one could be the color red but also be so mad that they turned redder?

The two younglings were finding out exactly that when Cliffjumper was dragging them back to base after finding them wandering around the city. The dark cycle had begun, only irritating him more given they were by themselves.

Not to mention they left when he strictly said not to.

"I didn't break any promises!" Nova argued as her pedes stumbled to keep up with the red Autobot's steps. His grip held tight on her wrist but not enough to hurt her, but she sure was having a hard time keeping up with his angry pace.

"What do you call that then?"

"Comet started to leave, and it was never a promise not to follow him." She said innocently as she directed the blame on Comet being dragged behind on the other side similarly to her.

Cliffjumper glanced down at her with a look of disbelief, slightly impressed by her loophole.

Nova continued, "Besides, I got us a head start."

"Us?" His optic-ridges furrowed.

"Yeah, on finding my carrier." She said as though it were obvious.

He vented, "I said wait for me."

"You were taking so long."

His optics monetarily offlined as they walked through the base, the mech praying for patience. He had to keep awkwardly dismissing bots wondering why he hauled two younglings behind him, repeatedly stating that they weren't his.

When he realized how bad that sounded, he started adding that he was just watching them.

Cliffjumper was more than thankful when he was able to shut the room door with all of them inside to be shielded from any more questions.

The moment it shut, he took a moment to vent before turning toward the duo, "I can't leave you two alone, can I?"

They just stood there awkwardly, the mechling crossing his arms while Nova shifted back and forth on her pedes. She always did have trouble with keeping still.

"I'm drained so we will be staying here and no one will be leaving." He stated sternly, wanting no more random adventures out without him knowing.

But then he took notice of Nova's movements stopping as the little wings on her back slumped slightly which caused him to add, "Just for some recharge then we can find her or... whatever, okay?"

That assurance seemed to relax her as she replied slowly, "Okay..."

"You two can share the berth." He directed them over, the pair awkwardly sitting down.

Nova found herself asking as Comet laid back, "Where are you recharging?"

Her question was answered as he pulled an extra pillow out from under the berth and set it down on the floor, the mech laying down with his arms behind his helm, "Down here."

When she didn't reply, he glanced up at her, finding a frown that displayed her uncomfortableness for stealing his berth. He assured her anyway, "It's no worries, promise."

The femmeling still seemed unsure, but Comet was already pressed against the wall with his back turned, trying to get some recharge himself. One of the two pillows was tucked under his helm, another left for her as well as a sheet of rubber he didn't care to climb under.