Chapter 29

Carlisle's POV

"I'm here now. Please don't worry about me." Abbie massages my shoulders.

"Having you here does the trick." Moving to hug her body.

"Glad you feel better." She kisses my cheek. "Now how was your New Years?"

I hug her tighter. "At your pace, little daisy, at your pace. I went to work to help those who got injured." I say.

"Many teenagers with burns I assume."

"Yes. Not so difficult to fix." I say hearing her stomach growl with hunger.

Abbie's POV

My stomach gave it away. I only had chocolate croissants for breakfast. I laugh a little.

"Lunch is waiting. Want to join me?" I ask Carlisle.

"Of course, we can talk so more of your New Year events." We walking down to the kitchen.

During lunch I eat and Carlisle asks me questions of my new years. Spending time with friends and having the big bonfire for all the demigods and demigoddesses.

"Carlisle fly with me?" I ask randomly.

"What? Fly?"

"Yes, I'm growing a vine with a flower on my arm. It's a warning sign of not using my gifts after New Year's. It's a tradition, completely harmless if completed but by looks I haven't finished." Showing him the vine under my skin that look like veins with a single light pink colored flower.

"How would I fly with you?"

"You would glide through the trees on vines. I will fly near you. I just have to use the energy given to me until the flower and vines are gone." I grab his hand.

"On the trees?"

"Yes, come fly with me. We can see the sunset together. There's a beautiful place where the shore meets the forest." I let go his hand to finish eating and jump from my seat.

"How do we start?" With a questioning look.

"To the trees. All this time on earth, you haven't climbed a tree?"

"I have. Oh Hello Jane."

"Hello Cullen." Jane responds.

"Jane, May you notify the Kings I will visit for 3 days. I'm leaving in 2 days."

"Yes, Abbie. I will leave now. Will you be alright with the Cullens?"

"I'll be fine. Thank you, see you soon." I turn to Carlisle.

The evening we fly through the forest and meet in front of the beautiful view.
Laughing and pretending to fall from the sky.

"Beautiful view on a chilly night." I snuggle up to Carlisle. As he is silent taking in the view.

"If you are worried about the tree branches dropping us. They won't." I turn to look at him.

"You are something else my daisy." He says as I grab his hand.

"My New Years goals are to be more comfortable with my mates. Still learning about myself and them." I move to his lap, cuddling seeing the sun go down.

"I live the same routine everyday Abbie. Thank you for changing the routine." Carlisle whispers.

I turn to face him, placing my hands on his shoulders to slowly move to his jaw line. Taking in his features feeling the warmth of hands touch the coldness of his skin. I move in slowly to kiss his lips.

Carlisle's POV

Her warm lips on my cold ones. I close my eyes to enjoy and move my hands to her waist, softly squeezing. She moves her hands to hold the back of my neck.

I move my hand to cup her face deepening the kiss. Making her slowly pull away for air. She coughs softly.

"That was— haha. I like it." She softly whispered.

"You have the pleasure of not needing to breathe." She chuckled.

"Hope I didn't overwhelm you." I say.

"You didn't. I'd like to do that again." She kisses me again and I enjoy every minute of it.

Abbie's POV

Kissing Carlisle made all the bonds connect. The different gifts that need a partner filled with content.

Though the moment is ruined by a phone ringing. It wasn't mine.

"Oh a phone is ringing." I break the kiss, Carlisle groans not wanting it to end.

"Hello." He picks his phone call.

"Family meeting. Something important to with Edward and Bella." Alice says through the phone.

"I'll be there in a few minutes." He hangs up to turn to me.

"I'm sorry. We should start heading back." He says.

"No need to apologize. Thank you for the kisses. More to come. It shouldn't take us long to get back. Come on we can go by vines instead." I stand up not before pecking his lips again to his surprise.

We reach the Cullens home. Carlisle holds my hand to bring me in the house to see everyone in the living room. Edward stands to speak.

"Someone uninvited enter Bella's room. They took something." Making Alice have a vision.

"It's a shirt. They're spreading it around. To attack her." Alice says.