Chapter 26

Abbie's POV

4 days before the New Years ceremonies and events. I teleported to Mexico early in the morning to surprise the children with breakfast and spent time reading books and playing with them. Around 2 pm, I teleported to Italy for lunch at Matthew's then to telling the kings which currently messes with nap time.

"I understand the frustration for your plans but my plans have always be set with The Mother. To pay my respects and so on." I say to Aro before yawning.

"When should we have know of your plans?!" He screams dramatics.

"Today. I thought you had your own rituals for New Years." I yawn again.

"Aro understand. We didn't even tell her. It's too early and dangerous." Marcus says.

"My apologies. May we continue later? It's nap time." I yawn again getting up I start feeling frustrated that I can't sleep comfortably.

"Would you like to use your room, my love?" Marcus asks following me around the castle.

"No. My brother is here to take me to his home." I walk through the front doors.

Matthew holds out his arms. I jump to his arms as I feel them under my thighs and on the back of my neck. Like a baby sleep on their mothers shoulder.

"Tired Abbie?" Matthew jokes.

"Very. Now let me sleep before I become mean to you, brother." I wrap my arms over his neck and snuggle to hide me face, slipping to darkness.

Third person POV

Matthew holds Abbie's sleeping body in front of the kings. They look hurt and long for her to be comfortable with them, for them to be become her safety net.

"She's be back after her nap. Thank you for feeding her." Matthew says, stepping away from the kings.

Nap time is a time where the demigods and demigoddess speak to there gods and goddesses. They are tested by them to see if they meet their expectations and more. It's difficult and it all comes back to them when they awake so injuries are attend to when they are aware of them.

Nap time lasts around 2 hours and are typically around 2 pm - 6 pm. I taken advantage of nap time and really let my mind and body rest from the barriers I place around me that is why I only sleep at home in my bed, in Matthew's house or Evan's.

Around 5 pm Abbie wakes up from her nap. Matthew made chicken with veggies mixed with pasta.

Abbie's POV

"Thank you brother. I still have to go to the kings and return to Carlisle." I grab a to-go bowl.

"Your welcome, love. See you for day 1." Matthew says.

"See you for day 1." I walk out and speed walk to the kings. The air is chilly around Italy and preparations for New Years has started.

Back at the castle is cold and filled with chill. I hide my scent and my heartbeat every time I roam the halls. I find the kings in the library discussing.

"Hello." I say walking through the door.

"My darling, how was your nap?" Aro asks with his hands across his unbeating heart.

"Relaxing. Im back to discuss." I sit down next to Marcus.

"We understand your plans. We should have expected something." Marcus says.

"Thank you for understanding. I also have Carlisle to inform. Maybe after we can do something together. You all can plan it, I just need the dress code and dates to get time off work and other promises." I say with hope they don't take it the wrong way.

"Work?" Caius says as the kings look at each other.

"Yes, in a little dress shop. Home family feel and it's really nice and well-paid." I say thinking to my corset and just have a black button up just incase.

"No need for you to work my darling. We can spoil you with all the riches in the world." Aro says handing me his black card.

"I don't want the riches. I like to spend time-" I cut myself off as they don't know.

"My love, we are mates not burdens. Please we would like to spoil you and have you only if you will let us. Under your command." Marcus grabs all 3 black cards on the table. Curls them in my hand.

"I have to go. It's late in Forks and I still have to inform Carlisle. I will keep them safe." I push myself from the chair and rush to the teleportation symbol.

"Goodnight and thank you. See you all after New Year's." I wave and teleport to my room.

I grab my wallet and place the cards in there then take my keys to drive to the Cullens. Charlie's at work with cases and Isabella is Isabella.

I arrive to see the lights on and the cheers of winning a game from Emmett. I walk up to knock on the door to reveal Alice.

"Hello, is Carlisle home?"

"Hi, yes, do come in." Alice hugs me quickly.

Everyone is in the living room watching Emmett and Jasper play video games. Controls and stacks of cds lay around.

"Hello." I say to everyone.

"The animal whisper!!" Emmett yells.

"Not the animal whisper just Abbie." I say seeing Carlisle coming down the stairs.

"Glad to see you, Abbie. Alice said you needed to speak with me?" Carlisle said formally.

"Well it would be better to tell everyone since their already here. Anyways I have goddess duties for New Year's so I can't contact you and you can't contact me, 3 days before and 3 days after. It's ritual. Even if you see me in public unless I approach you. Meaning I physically touch you." I say rubbing my hands together.

"Aww I thought you could make us deaf to the fireworks." Alice wines.

"Haha sorry." I say.

"Do the kings know?" Carlisle asks me as I move to grab a pillow.