Chapter 3

I come home from getting groceries and prepare dinner a bit. Everything ready just to cook and make fries in the mean time. I clean up and make a small snack for dad.

And a few minutes later to pick up Isabella as I needed to change into work clothes of black jeans, black button up and black shoes. Like wearing a suit but for me.

"You're late. Being a slut somewhere." Isabella remarks.

"I can always leave you here."

"No! Let me drive! Now!" She demands, screaming at me.

"No Isabella it's my car. Now get in or text Charlie. I need to go to work."

She angrily gets in, looking out the window while I speed through to get home and speed more to work.

Alice's POV

"She is so frustrating." Edward says.

We still can't figure the mystery of Abbie Foster-Swan. She has no scent, no heartbeat, Edward can't read her mind, Jasper can't feel her emotions, and I can't see her future. Questions if she is human or something different?

"Maybe she is like Bella but more advance?" Jasper says.

"Jasper she is not blood related to Bella and we never noticed her until Charlie got sick." Carlisle said.

"What if she is just human?" Rosalie says.

We all stare at her like if she hasn't been hearing the whole conversation.

"What?!" She looks at us.

"Were you not listening?" Edward asks her.

"I do hear you but what if she is just human?"

"Yes, a human that has no scent, no heartbeat, no thoughts, and no emotions! How can that be?!" Edward yells.

"I'm going to Bella's house." Walking away.

Abbie's POV

Working at the dress shop at Port Angeles is long drive but Grandma Anna pays good money, almost 6 thousand a month, have many breaks, one hour lunch on weekends and time to do homework.

Grandma Anna and her daughter (Annie) come in to work on the finances and I with three other coworkers help sell the dresses to fit prom, weddings, funerals, any occasion really.

"Abbie. When are you off?" Annie asks me.

"I'm off at 7:30. I came in early at 2:45."

"We have time to chat. How was your first day of school? Any bullies? Hard classes? Any boys?"

I laugh a little before answering her, "No bullies or hard classes. I have two classes, history and art."

"Your hard work paid off. Enjoy the extra time?"

"Maybe when I get back to my school routine. I'll like to work solid hours, maybe go on a vacation by myself or with my girlfriend." I slowly hint.

"That's good and a great time to- oh oh. I'm sorry I assumed." She looks at me.

"That's alright. I'm open minded. It's comes and goes I guess." I tell her.

"That's a good trait to have. I hope you have many adventures."

"Thank you. Mind if I print out some pictures for my art assignment?"

"Not at all. We're barely busy. If you want you can clock out early, school must have tired today." She laughs a little.

"A little." A smirk a little to go finish my assignment and go visit my girlfriend.

Girlfriend's house

"We got about 20 minutes and then I got to go home." I say walking through the front door. Her parents are never home working the late shift and seen them a few times the last almost 2 years of dating her.

"Come to the couch. Tell me about your day. I got snacks." I hear from the living room.

"Perfect." Kissing her lips.

"So how was school? Isabella cause any problems?" She squeezes my small body. With the advantage of being 5'8 and me being 5'2.

"Same old, same old. How was your day? City traffic and lights?"

"No, baby. City news and drama." She says.

"Oh good or bad?" Turning to look at her.

"Both. I'm almost 18 so my parents want me to move on campus."

"Oh. I can always visit you there, ash. Don't worry." Kissing her again, hiding my head in her neck when I hear my alarm ring to head home.

"Ugh. I have to head home."

"No." "Yes" "no" yes" "no" we go back and forward.

"A date this weekend to make up for it?"

"Deal" she kissing me and start bride style lifting me from the couch to the counter.

"Goodnight and lock the doors"

"Text me when you home?"

"Yes baby." Walking out to head home.