Chapter 17

Abbie's POV

That night I left Forks with a mix of emotions. Worry for Charlie, angry towards Isabella and Edward and sadness as I left the comfort of my home.

I go to Russia to meet Sophia for two weeks of mind games training. Mentally training that pushes the mind boundaries of a human to be more of a demigod. My down time to mind games will be in Italy with Matthew. 

Sophia serves the goddess of mind and soul. She's Russian figure skater. Short with blonde hair and striking blue eyes. Sophia has always loved the cold weather, never wearing more than a full body black suit.

"Stop thinking with your physical body Abbie." Sophia yells at me from the ice ring.

"Be I am here!" I yell on the ice. "It's cold!"

"Think you are in the sun. A nice spring day. Birds flying. The sun warm on your skin. Think with the mind that you are there and not here."  Sophia tells me.

I slowly think of a place warm and comfortable. Home in my bed with my  hoodies and sweatpants. Sleeping after a tiring day. Warmth.

"There you go the ice melts under you." Sophia whispers.

"What?" I open my eyes to see the ice ring melting into water.

"Is this suppose to happen?" Walking to the door of the ring.

"Yes with someone with so much power like yourself. Rest for today you finally made progress." She claps.

"Sophia it's barely my second day." I scoff.

Alice's POV

"Bella It's Edward he thinks your dead." Smelling mutt on her.

"I'm alive! How!" Rushing to grab some clothes.

"He's going to the Volturi to ask for death to be with you! We must hurry!"

"She's not going anywhere. Bella stop." The mutt speaks.

"I'll be waiting outside. Control yourself, mutt." I go back to the car and call Abbie.

"Please Abbie it's Edward and Bella." Trying to find reason.

"Alice I don't care. I'm busy with my own life. I'm sorry but I can't help you. I can only make sure Isabella is safe for Charlie." Abbie sighs over the phone.

"Thank you Abbie they are dangerous people. I only you to protect Bella as they might want to her hurt. We'll be arriving in the morning. Towards the afternoon you can meet us at the town center." I tell her.

"Ok, I'll see you there." She hangs up just in time as Bella just in the car.

"Who was that?"

"The others. They are worried." Driving off to the airport.

"Are you coming back to Forks?"

"I don't know. It is up to Carlisle."

Abbie's POV

"Love please calm down. We have hours until they arrive. Eat and sleep. Practicing mind games it hard." Matthew walks to the kitchen and back again.

"Do I have to meet them today? What if I-" I walk towards him.

"No. We are having a fun night out. Let's go get dressed." He hugs me and drags me to his room.

"Uh fine. We go to your restaurant."

We get dress in fancy outing clothes and walk the streets of Italy. Music, lights and people of all ages dance and sing with us. We finish the night eating restaurant specialties and small sips of fine wine under Matthew's watch.

Alice's POV

We arrived to Italy bright as day, covered head to toe in fear of exposing our kind to humans. As Bella worries I borrow a cool car.

"Get in. When we reach the town center, run to the bell tower. He will be there." Driving fast.

Abbie's POV

I spend the night overthinking of what might happen. The wine didn't help and hurt my stomach. Matthew passed out after the second bottle.

It's the morning hours, getting ready and wearing Matthew clothes to easy my nerves.

"Abbie you smell like me." Matthew says from the bed.

"I'm nervous. Don't make me change."

"You have to or their gonna come after me."

"Fine. I'm keeping your jeans." In his oversized ripped jeans and my pastel pink hoodie with long socks and black vans.

"Here. If anything happens press in the little gem." He places one of his call bracelets on me.

"I made breakfast. Enjoy while I'm gone." I squeezed his hand.

"I'll be alright love." He says.

Alice's POV

"Bella run!" She jumps out the car as we arrived to the town center. Hoping Abbie shows up when I'm stopped.

"Alice where do I go? I don't want Isabella to know I'm here." Abbie says.

"Abbie! Just stay behind me. If something happens, save yourself." I walk towards the bell tower.

Abbie's POV

Alice walks towards the bell tower. We hear someone talking to Edward and Isabella. A small girl tells them to follow her as the masters call for them.

"Alice. Join us." One of the men says. "And your friend." In a whisper.

"Come on let's not keep them waiting." The girl says again.