One Hundred and Sixteen: Nice hole (with rizz)

Start from the beginning

"No, no." Tyson whimpered. "Must be a mistake. Goat boy-"

"No complaining!" Quintus ordered. "Get with your partner. You have two minutes to prepare!"

Tyson and Grover both looked at Sen and Percy pleadingly. They tried to give them an encouraging nod, and gestured that they should move together. Tyson sneezed. Grover started chewing nervously on his wooden club.

Percy sighed, and Sen put a hand on his shoulder. "C'mon. They'll be okay. We need to figure out how to destroy Annabeth."

"Fuck you guys." Annabeth remarked as she walked past with her brother, Malcolm.

Sen rolled her eyes and looked up at Percy. "See? We gotta destroy her."

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❀

It was still light when Sen and Percy got into the woods, but the shadows from the trees made it feel like midnight. It was cold, too, even in summer. Percy and Sen found tracks almost immediately- scuttling marks made by something with a lot of legs. They began to follow the trail.

They jumped a creek and heard some twigs snapping nearby. The demigods crouched behind a boulder, but it was only the Stoll brothers tripping through the woods and cursing. Their dad was the god of thieves, but they were about as stealthy as buffaloes.

"Ugh, stop being such a dumbass and learn how tree roots work, Travis!"

SLAP!

"Fuck you, Connor! You didn't even know what poison ivy looked like!"

SLAP!

Once the Stolls had passed, Sen and Percy forged deeper into the west woods where the monsters were wilder. They were standing on a ledge overlooking a marshy pond when Percy tensed. "This is where we stopped looking."

It took Sen a second to realize what he meant. Last winter, when they'd given up hope of finding him, Grover, Annabeth, Sen, and Percy had stood on this rock, and Percy and Sen convinced them not to tell Chiron the truth: that Nico was a son of Hades. At the time it seemed the right thing to do. They wanted to protect his identity. They wanted to be the one to find him and make things right for what had happened to his sister. Now, six months later, the others hadn't even come close to finding him.

But Sen had. She'd been writing him letters all along, sending him money and trinkets, making sure he was surviving, even visiting him. She felt terrible for keeping that from her best friends, but she felt like it was necessary.

She only hoped Percy didn't ask what she knew while she was still cursed.

"I saw him last night." Percy blurted out.

Sen felt a chill run down her spine. "Wh-What?"

Percy told her about the Iris-message. Sen had to look away, terrified of what it meant. "He's- He's summoning the dead?"

"Yeah." Percy nodded.

"That isn't good, Percy."