39

I woke to the steady patter of rain upon my window, a melody of soft, soothing sounds and although it did invoke a peaceful calm within me, it was still a gloomy, dark day outside.

Unlike the previous days, this morning when I looked over at his side of the bed it wasn't empty. Those sheets were finally not left untouched and that pillow housed a mass of dark brown hair but Aries wasn't sleeping.

He was simply just laying there, staring into space with thoughts deeply embedded on his mind. In fact, judging by the puffy under eyes, I'd say he hadn't slept a wink all night.

"Hey," I approached softly, snapping him out of his silent trance, "everything okay?"

He shifted slightly and showed me a small, guarded smile. "Yes." He kissed my forehead and pulled the blanket higher to meet his jawline. "I just don't want to get up today."

I smiled, cuddling up to his warmth. Maybe he didn't sleep, but at least he tried. He got into the bed and that progress. The relaxing and sleeping will naturally come later and I wasn't going to push that.

For now, I just enjoyed my morning. Waking up next to him, hugging into his muscular chest and feeling the beat of his heart under my palm.

"I know what you mean, this bed is so comfortable and warm, I could lay here with you forever just listening to the rain."

He let out a sad sigh, one of those exhales filled with shakiness and sorrow and I looked at him, silently questioning his down mood but he smiled at me again, offering me reassurance.

In the next room, I could hear Noona setting up for the day. The sound of the shower travelled through the wall, her opening her drawers for todays outfits and generally pottering around. Bless her, she wasn't the quietest of souls in the morning.

Aries heart rate started out at a standard rate, thump. thump. thump. thump. And very quickly it exploded into something rapid and worrying thump-thump-thump-thump-thump-thump.

"Are you okay?"

He rolled away, adding distance between us which also meant my hand dropped off of his torso.

"I'm fine."

Lindsay, in the room on the other side of us was now waking up to the sound of her annoying alarm. Every morning I listen as she unlatches her balcony door and lets in the new day. It's a very creaky door and these walls are ultra thin.

Aries jumped out of bed, alarming me by his sudden movement. "Maybe we should leave."

"What?" He quickly grabbed some clothes out for me and threw them my way, not even looking what he had picked.

"Yeah, let's get out of here. Sneak out and spend the day doing whatever. I know a great place for breakfast, you hungry?" He very quickly started dressing himself, clumsily sway as he rushed putting his feet into his jeans. "Why aren't you dressing? Hurry up and get yourself dressed."

I laughed a little, "well can I shower at least?"

"You don't need to shower, you smell fine and if we delay any longer we'll miss all of the good chefs."

"Chefs?" I questioned with a smile.

"Come on Scarlet! Get up!" He gave me a nudge.

"Okay, fine. I'll go use the bathroom, wash up and then we can go."

"Great, I will be waiting."

We parted ways, I left him in the bedroom and entered the bathroom. As I brushed my teeth and combed through my hair I could hear the floorboards creak in the bedroom as if he was nervously pacing them over and over again.