VEINTIOCHO

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT: Vengence

I am a coward, I have always been a coward.

Feeling scared is absolutely fine. It's a natural response to a situation that feels threatening and trust me, I'm no stranger to that feeling. But I
realised long ago there were two types of people when scared.

The first are the brave ones; they're terrified but they stand their ground. They act with logic and self control. Keeping a levelheaded mind. They're the strongest types of people.

The second are the cowards; when they get scared, they hide or run. They cry and panic, waiting for someone else to save them.

I always wanted to be the former but I've never been brave enough to push past the latter. Today wasn't going to be that day either. I'll stay hidden until they find me and then I'll break down, beg for my life and wait for Aries to save me.

Bold, I thought.
Relying on a killer to come back for me.

"Rip down every last display in this fucking place! Bring me that bitch!" That voice demanded.

I held my breath, backing myself up fully against the wall. My heart pumping blood around so fast I thought I was going to pass out.

Suddenly the cardboard layer of protection moved and a man forced his way behind the display.

"N-n-no please, I—"

"It's me." He grabbed my arm with one hand, peeling back his ninja mask with the other so I could see the blonde stubble of beard hair on his face. "Cupcake, it's me."

Relief consumed me, I got so swept up in it I placed his head between my hands and drew him towards me.

Without really thinking, my lips touched his. It took us both by surprise and I was ready to pull back, apologise and move on but he had other ideas, sucking the voluptuousness of my upper lip and pushing his tongue through my mouth entrance, caressing my own. His hands snaked up my body and took home over my shoulder, making everything feel more intimate, too intimate. I pulled back and touched my swollen lips.

"I'm sorry." I stated, regretting that whole thing.

Grimes smirked and then pulled his mask back down to hide away his face. He grabbed my arm strongly and pulled me away from the wall.

"Found her!" He announced to the room.

Everything stopped, the whole store falling deadly silent and now I didn't know what was happening. I thought Grimes would somehow sneak me out. I hoped this wasn't a double cross and he actually had some master plan up his sleeve but the more we walked towards the man calling the shots, the more I doubted that.

He walked towards me, he wasn't wearing a helmet or protective glasses, just a bullet proof vest so I could fully see his face. He looked like the average donut-eating cop, his eyes roaming my body and coming up disappointed. Like he expected more.