01:15" Feeling safer now"

Kaori never felt like Emi was bullying her

Kaori never felt like Emi was bullying her. She just thought that she was occasionally making fun of her. Nothing serious. But that was until she found herself sitting next to her parents in the principal's office while Emi and her mother sat on the other side.

" Miss and Mister Hatiro, I'm sorry for calling you unexpectedly." The principal said giving them a warm smile which her father gave back while her mother kept her face straight in annoyance.

" Right. So I have called you hear today because a teacher had found out something that is unacceptable in my school." He said glancing towards Emi that kept her head down while Kaori looked back at him trying to control her heartbeat that was speeding.

" A few days a ago, we found out Emi throwing things towards Kaori. Bullying her to be exact."

" What?" Emi's mother said letting out a gasp before looking towards her daughter. " Is this true?"

" Calm down, Miss." The principals said raising his hand stopping her from bursting in anger.
" As you may know, bullying is a very serious matter and is unacceptable in my school."

" I can't believe this." Emi's mother said crossing her arms around ver her chest and shook her head not believing that her own daughter would have done such thing.

" I'm sure it's a misunderstanding, sir. You see, Kaori and Emi are friends. They were just messing around. Tell him, Kaori." Her mother said bringing her arm around Kaori forcing her to speak up.

Was she really expecting her mother to be on her side? Of course not. Kaori knew better than that. She only wanted to keep a good image of herself so her daughter getting bullied was something that could ruin it. She was more worried about her image than her own daughter and Kaori accepted that a long time ago.

Everyone's eyes went towards Kaori making shivers travel down her body feeling the pressure. She didn't know what to do. Tell the truth or lie to protect her mother. In reality she knew that no matter what she did things would be worst at home. Lowering her head covering her face with the strands of hair, Kaori nodded her head not daring to look up.

" Me and Emi are friends. We were just messing around...Just being normal teenagers.." Kaori said before bowing her head at the principal. " I'm sorry for the misunderstanding."

The principal stared at her confused and pressed his lips together in disappointment while nodding his head.
" Ah, I understand. But what Emi did is still unacceptable. You kids shouldn't be playing around like that."

" I'm sorry." Both Emi and Kaori said at the same time.

The principal nodded his head at them and looked back towards their parents.
" I apologize for calling you in. I'm sure you were very busy already but it looks like we misunderstood the situation."