➿63➿

Chapter SixtyThreeEric PowellLater That Night - 3:23AM

Chapter SixtyThree
Eric Powell
Later That Night - 3:23AM

The sound of my doorbell ringing caused me to jump out of my sleep. I looked around the room then over at the door. The bell rang again then I sat up and grabbed my phone to check my cameras and the time. When I saw who it was, I got up and slipped on my pants then went downstairs and opened the door. "Kyra."

"I couldn't sleep." She said.

"Come in." I stepped back so that she could walk inside.

"I didn't mean to wake you, I'm sorry. I just didn't have anywhere else to go."

"You good, don't stress it." I said as we walked into the kitchen. She sat at the island and I went into the refrigerator, grabbing us bottles of water.

"I really did not expect you to stay here after we broke up. I thought you'd go get you a nice condo downtown or something."

"Well, I hate downtown and I love this house. It's too many memories to give up."

"Yeah."

"What got you up? Your dad?"

"Yeah and everything else. It really has been a messy ass day. My head has been throbbing since 4pm."

"Yeah...from your dad and Jeff weird ass brother."

"He's so weird right? Like okay you found out that I've had sex with girls in the past but why did you automatically think that I was going to have a threesome with you? I've talked to him twice since I've been here."

"I called and checked up on Unique and Jeff when I got home and he so pissed off about what Jalen did. He said he was going to call and apologize to you."

"Jeff doesn't have to apologize to me about anything. His brother being stupid isn't on him."

"That's just the kind of dude he is though, so expect a call."

Kyra laughed. "Okay."

"I hate that everything has been chaotic these past two weeks."

"Me too. Seems like it is every time I come home though."

"And it was mainly my fault. All of the mind games I was playing because I wasn't fully healed from what happened."

"Do you ever think we'll get back to what we once were? Or will it always feel like it's all just a waste of time?"

Exhaling I went and sat next to her. "I want things to be what they once were. But it's just some tweaking that needs to be done."