➿43➿

Chapter FortyThree
Omniscient
East Atlanta - Morning of Gala.

"Yooooo!" Eric yelled walking into his moms home to drop Kyler off so that she could watch her for tonight's events.

Walking further into the house, his mom and Amber sat in the living room. "Oh my goodness, there's TT's baby." Amber exclaimed while jumping up and running over to her brother to grab the car seat.

"Well hello to you too."

"Hi." She gave him a quick wave while going to sit back down.

Eric sat down Kyler's diaper bag while shaking his head. "Terrible, hey ma." He kissed her cheek before sitting next to her.

"Hi sweetie." Robin responded while patting his back. "So you guys are finally letting grandma keep her baby huh?"

"It wasn't like that Kyra wanted to wait the six weeks and make sure she was good. Now you can get her whenever you please."

"You don't have to tell me twice."

"It's the Dolce and Gabbana dress for me." Amber said while fixing her nieces bow. "Ugh, I'm jealous. Don't you guys want to adopt me?"

"Absolutely not." Eric shook his head.

"Forget you."

"So you guys are going to a gala tonight?" Robin asked.

"Yeah, Adam is getting a philanthropy award."

"Oh that's nice, so you have to put on a nice tux and Kyra will have on a pretty gown. I need pictures of you two."

Eric just nodded. Unbeknownst to his mom, he and Kyra aren't going together. Kyra decided to ride with her dad and he's bringing someone.

"I do have to ask though." Robin continued. "With this new job that you have, is being a psychiatrist still on the table or no?"

"Of course, I start school next year. It may take a while because I don't want to be so overwhelmed with work and school but I'm not stopping until I'm Dr. Eric Young and lucky for me, my new job is what's going to stop me from being in debt once I'm finished."

"Okay, just wanted make sure you're still following your dreams, that's all."

"When Kyra's dad gave me this job he made it clear that I was still going to get my degree. This was just to make sure that my daughter was well taken care of."

"And I absolutely respect that. You know I think your dad was so bent out of shape about Kyra and Adam because of jealousy. Especially when you started running to her father for help."

"I wasn't even running for help. Everything I got he offered. He's a cool guy. I'm glad we have a great relationship, I've learned a lot from him."

"That's a great thing. Now that your dads secret is out and he doesn't have a lot on his brain, they should sit down and talk."

"Maybe."

"Where's Kyra? I thought she would've came with you to drop the baby off."