➿49➿

A filler...

Chapter FortyNine
Omniscient
Marietta, Georgia - A Few Hours Later

Eric was stuck in a daze.

He didn't hear anything, his vision was blurry.

His mom sat in front of him on the couch calling his name, trying to get him to focus on her but it was hopeless. His daughter was gone and he couldn't wrap his mind around it. In his head, he was blaming himself. He forgot to set the alarm and this caused Yvonne to slip in and take their baby.

Kyra stood next to her dad as he talked to the chief of police who was a very close friend of his. She glanced over at Eric and saw the blank look on his face and how Robin stood in front of him looking like she was pleading.

Excusing herself, she made her way over to them.

Once Robin saw her she, quickly stood up. "He won't talk to me. I've called his name a million times and he just out of it."

Kyra nodded then kneeled down in front of him. Her red puffy eyes looked up at his face. "Eric...baby." His eyes finally moved and he looked down at her. "We need you to say something to us baby, your mom is worried." Kyra told him.

"It's my fault." Eric finally said.

"It's not honey, it's not." Tears rolled down Kyra's face.

"I didn't cut the alarm on, I'm her dad I'm supposed to protect her Kyra."

"Please don't do this, don't blame yourself. We know who's responsible and it's not you or me."

"Why would she take our baby?" Tears flowed down his face. "What if she—."

"No, no we're not going to put any negative thoughts out there. She's perfectly fine and we're going to find her together."

He nodded before grabbing Kyra's hand and pulled her up to him. His arms tightly wrapped around her body.

Even though Kyra was telling him all of these positive things, everything thing that could go wrong was in her head. Her mom was mentally insane. As much as she threatens to take Kyra's life there's no telling what shes planning to do with Kyler.

Eric broke down in tears making Kyra wrap her arms around him quickly. "We're going to get her back E. I promise you we will. I'll fight until my last breath to get her back." She said while holding him tight.

"I don't mean to interrupt, but Eric they need access to the security cameras." Adam said. When Kyra called him screaming and Kyra, he wanted to panic but Tina calmed him down, reminding him that he needed to be strong for Kyra and Eric. He called every person he knew in Atlanta that could help him get his granddaughter back home to her parents as quickly as possible.

Kyra let Eric go so that he could go get the stuff for their cameras. She sat in his seat and Robin sat next to her grabbing to her hands. Robin could tell that Kyra was trying to save face right now even though she had every right to be a complete mess.

"I hate that this is happening to you two." Robin said. Kyra looked over at her with tears rolling down her face.

"I should've been more cautious, I knew that my mom was still out there being crazy. I just never thought she'd take my baby."