➿30➿

Chapter Thirty
Eric Powell
Two Weeks Later

Sitting on the hood of my car, I watched as all the random people walked by. I checked my phone for any text messages or phone calls but nothing.

I stupidly agreed to meet with Kyra's mom. I don't know if this is the future psychologist in me but I know that people with her disorders aren't always...crazy.

They have episodes and I'm hoping that the setting fires and breaking into her daughters house was just one of those moments. Kyra talks about how much she wishes that her mom was healthy so that she could be there for her during her pregnancy. Maybe if she hears that she's going to be a grandmother, she'll go get some real help.

"Eric."

I turned my head and looked over. Her mom stood there in a black jogging suit. She is definitely Kyra's twin.

Standing up I walked over to her.

"Thank you for coming." She smiled.

"You kept blowing my phone up and I'm still wondering how you got my number."

"A little google search is all it took. You haven't had many numbers in your name."

Exhaling I shoved my hands in my pockets. "Okay, so what do you want?"

"For you to get Kyra to talk to me. I miss my daughter, I miss hearing her voice. I've thought about just coming to see her but she'll be too angry and probably turn me away."

"I mean of course. You burned down her fathers foyer and then made it seem like she had something to do with it. You broke into her house while she was out of town after leaving the mental hospital and then when she wouldn't side with you, you called her a bitch and slapped her. I don't even think I can convince Kyra to talk to you and honestly, right now is not a good time."

"I know what I did and what happened but I'm much better now. I'm taking my medicine, seeing a therapist. What I did last year, I feel terrible about. My daughter means the world to me she is all that I have."

"Honestly, I think the person you should've talked to about this is Adam, he knows you and can tell if this is sincere or not. How am I supposed to just take your word? This could all be an act and then you're right back hurting Kyra. I can't have that."

"Adam is too big headed and has obviously told Kyra some lie to get on his side. I reached out to him but he ignored me per usual. My daughter knew what kind of monster he was and that he couldn't be trusted. But just like normal, he uses his tactics to be manipulative and get her to thinking I'm the bad guy."

"I'm a psych major and I'm great at telling when somebody that I've consistently been around is faking their feelings towards another person. Adam loves Kyra and will jump over the moon for her. Seems like you want to keep her blinded and on your side so that you can get away with the crazy shit you've done. If she hates her dad and you do something towards him, you'll just use your 'he's a bad guy' excuse so that she'll side with you. Am I right?"

"No."

"I am...why can't Kyra be cordial with the both of you? Why does she have to pick a side?"

"He didn't care about my child when he was off making a baby with that bitch he married."

"What makes you think that? Tina really loves your daughter."