➿24➿

Chapter Twentyfour
Omniscient
Young Industrial - Two Weeks Later

It's been two weeks since everything has happened and everything was still out of wack. Kyra has been locked in a room at her dads, not talking to anyone and only leaving the house for school since she has only a few weeks before she's done and now would be the worst time to screw up. She has seen Eric on campus but she can tell that his goal is to ignore her and she's never been the type to chase someone so she just let him go.

Eric has been trying to find the courage to go and talk to her but finding the right words has been difficult. He doesn't know how she's going to react after he asks her to get an abortion.

Since they've been apart he's really been trying to figure out how he could afford his child but it was impossible. And he didn't want Kyra to feel like she was obligated to do everything because she could. And he felt like a baby would stop him from enjoying his life. You can't consistently party with your friends, you can't just pack up and leave whenever you need a quick trip, gotta bring a baby with you now. No more sleeping late, no more spending money recklessly, everything had to change and he was too comfortable with how his life was now.

•••

Sitting in the lunch room, Eric scrolled through Instagram, not even really paying attention to what was on his feed just doing something to keep himself preoccupied.

It seemed like everybody wanted to take a lunch at the same time as him today so it was very loud, but once he heard everybody's tones lower, it made him look up from his screen only to see Adam glancing around. His heart immediately started racing. He's done a great job over the past two weeks avoiding him but that's all over now.

Once Adam spotted Eric he walked over to his table. "Mr. Powell, can I see you in my office please?"

"Actually my lunch is almost ov—."

"I really wasn't giving you an option. Your team lead can look over everything, I just need a few minutes."

Groaning, Eric got up and grabbed his trash and his lunch bag. He's been extremely greedy lately and now he knows why. He followed behind Adam up to his office.

Nobody really knows that Eric dates the owners daughter unless they followed him on Instagram or something but this was a big plant, so that was limited to the people on his team really.

When they got up to Adam's office, he shut the door then took a seat at his desk. Eric stood there with his hands in his pocket, waiting to hear what he has to say. From his demeanor he could tell Adam knew.

"Have a seat."

Eric wanted to protest but sat down instead.

"So, I've been looking for you. Seems like you're avoiding me son, what's that about?" Adam asked.

"Nothing, I just been busy. I'm in my last few weeks of school so I've been focusing on that."

"Understandable....you talk to Kyra?"

"Uuum." Eric scratched his head. "Not recently, I haven't."

"That's shocking, you two are usually joint at the hip. Trouble in paradise?"

"Naw we just focused on other things right now, that's all."