Water || Panda Lily

About a minute or two later Aang calmly walks out the front doors. He's successfully retrieved the cloud reading guide, taking Katara with him to manipulate the shapes of the clouds into the symbol for volcanic doom.
"You're sure you know what you're doing?" I asked for the tenth time.
"Yeah! Do you want to come with us? You're a waterbender too!" Aang cheerily replies.
I don't think any kind of metal would be way up there...
"Nah, I gotta make sure he doesn't do anything stupid," I whisper, cupping one hand over my cheek so Sokka couldn't hear.
Aang and Katara laugh, climbing onto Appa's saddle. We send them off with lighthearted waves, watching the duo be swallowed by the drifting clouds. After a few moments we decided to meander around the outdoor vendors, peering at the different wares for sale. I take quick glances at the sky, watching how the clouds are slowly taking a new shape. Once I can see the faint outline of a skull I force Sokka to retrieve Aunt Wu with me.

It took us a minute or two to locate her. She complied with our request to follow us, so we quickly lead her back to the main plaza. She obviously could tell we were up to something but went along with it since Sokka would never be one to seek her guidance.
"Aunt Wu look! Something's happening in the clouds!" he exclaims. Citizens gather around the pavilion, their eyes hungrily searching the clouds for any shapes.
"That's very strange it shouldn't- Oh my!" her confusion is quieted by the shadow of a skull hanging over us. Even though I fully knew it was my friends it didn't stop the chill running down my spine.
Smoke was steadily spewing from the mouth of the volcano. It's deadly plumage was seeping into the air, tendrils of the sulfuric smell reaching my nose. Aang and Katara quickly sprint up to us to form a miniature conference circle. I turn to Sokka, "You're the idea man. Got anything?"
"I think so."

We have the Water Tribe boy take Aunt Wu's place, standing confidently under the pavilion. I keep my eye on him. I can tell that behind his steady gaze he is finishing the last bits of his plan. I feel a sense of pride that he is a part of our team. His ability to think quick on his feet has saved us so many times and I can't wait to see it again.
Aang announces "We could still save the village if we act fast. Sokka has a plan."
"Lava is going to flow downhill to this spot," he explains. "If we can dig a deep enough trench we can channel all the lava away from the village to the river."
"If any of you are earthbenders, come with me."
A pair of identical twins standing at the front are both beaming with huge smiles as one declairs "I am!" while the other adds "I'm not!"
"Everybody else grab a shovel!" A small earthquake appears, throwing me slightly off balance. Sokka is quick to grasp my forearms to steady me. "Come on, we've got to hurry!"

I was able to borrow a shovel from a farmer who was generous enough to lend them out. Aang immediately runs off with the earthbenders in tow. I quickly gather a small group of people, going to houses further on the outskirts of the village to warn them of the volcano. We help young children move further into the woods with any valuables from their homes. A few volunteered to stay behind with them, so I took the remaining with me to help Sokka. I was thankful I chose to evacuate citizens as the combination of the sun and heat emitted from our oncoming doom mixed together. My stomach churns at the possibility of this plan not working, but I have to have faith.
I slide down the valley wall, scouting the area for Sokka's familiar blue clothing. A light sheen of sweat is apparent on his skin, dirt smudged on his cheeks and forehead.

I tap him lightly on the shoulder, offering him a drink from my flask that I kept in my sash. He thankfully took a sip, wiping off his brow.
I look around, "You've already made a ton of progress! I wasn't gone for that long, was I?" I felt a bit guilty about not helping with the actual digging portion of the plan.
"Most of it was the earthbenders, we're just reinforcing it to make sure nothing goes wrong. Does that make sense?"
He hands back the flask, our fingertips brushing each other's, a small tingle working its way through my arm from the contact.
"Yeah, I think I got it."