Scene 63- Wedding Crasher

Start from the beginning

"Hold still please, I need to check that up," I slowly unwrap the bandage around his head, revealing a hole where his ear was supposed to be.

The boy eyes me carefully while I clean the wound with some water.

"Do you reckon I should get something like a patch just for my ear, so kids be all curious and then I can show them my hole?"

"Let's hope that shit here heals a bit and you won't need that," I laugh, putting the water back onto the table and mix some herbs together.

Someone comes into the room and we both look to the door. A very abashed Ron stands at the door frame looking at the position we are in.

"Ahm," he stammers, getting a bit red at the tip of his ears.

"Oh Ronald, you and Lavender didn't come that far I see," George grins, placing his hands on my hips firmly.

The boy goes bright red and looks onto the floor. I chuckle and take the paste of herbs and smear it carefully around George's wound.

"Sorry I didn't- I mean I-," the poor boy is still searching for words.

"Come on, just say why you're here, so Anne and I can get over to something more fun," George continues to tease his brother.

"Fleur," Ron blurts out, getting even redder.

I look back at him holding back a laugh: "What is with Fleur Ron?"

"She needs your help. That's all. I am just here to tell you she needs your help. Yeah. I'll- I'll better go," Ron almost crashes into the doorframe.

George chuckles: "Ron you can stay, we wouldn't have a problem."

I roll my eyes: "Tell her I'm coming in a few minutes. I just have to deal with this first."

I hold up the herb paste, indicating I have to look after George's ear.

"Al-alright," the young boy disappears with a red head out of the kitchen, making his older brother break into fits of laughter.

"You didn't have to be so mean with him, the boy couldn't even look," I laugh, taking one of the bandages.

"You'd figure that he would have been a bit more relaxed about it," George snickers: "So what do you think about?"

"Think about what?," I look at him confused, once I'm done bandaging him up.

His hands on my waist start to wander downwards, holding on tight.

"You and I- a separate room?," he smirks.

"George," I sigh: "This here is not the right time for some alone time."

"Well I think it is, we have a few rooms we could lock up," he winks, stroking my waist with his thumbs softly.

"There are too many people around," I try to resonate.

He leans forward, moving me a bit closer on his lap: "And all of them are busy."

I look at him, placing my hands on his chest to bring a bit of a distance between our bodies. It's tempting.

He leans in to kiss me, but I back away. I need to be rational.

"No, we can't do this. We still can't do this," I stand up slowly.

"But you played with the thought of it," he wiggles his eyebrows and I shove him a bit.

"You guys..."

"Do I need to remind you, whose fault it is that I even started with it," he points at me jokingly.

I slap my hand on my forehead and let go a sigh: "Maybe tonight."

He sits up abruptly and grins: "Can't wait for tonight then."

"I still said maybe," I point at him, going out of the room.

"We both know you have no resistance against me," he shouts after me.

Idiot.

---

The venue is buzzing with people. Too many I have no idea of who they are. Some Veela's are here as well and the twins are fighting you can lead which one to their seats. It's amusing to see George's face when he gets the middle aged one. I bite my lip hard to hide my smile. That's what he gets for it. When he comes back he looks at me apologetically.

"It's fine. Don't worry," I reassure him. "So both of your charms didn't work on that fine ladies?"

"The day is long. I have plenty of time for them to want me," Fred says.

"Better look out for Hagrid. I believe he is about to sit into the wrong seats and yep, there it is."

I point to the aisle where Hagrid just crushed five normal seats and Fred has to go and tell him where he belongs. Poor bloke is just a nervous sensible mess.

"You look really good in that suit I dare say," I look at George, brushing his jacket out, playing with the soft material.

"Oh," he blushes a bit: "Thank you."

I stand on tippy toes to press a kiss against his lips. They breeze softly against each other and leave a sweet taste behind. Merlin, how I wish we were in an empty room to lock up.

"Has someone seen Ron?", a boy suddenly asks us.

"Uhm, I believe he is with the Veela's."

I look at the read head. I have no recalling of him. They introduce him as Barney. Then it clicks. Harry. Fred has been saying he nicked some hair of a boy when he was in Ottery St. Catchpole. I have to give it to them, they are really great at making plans.

---

The wedding ceremony was fine and I realized even more that weddings aren't for me. I hope George never wants us to do such a thing. It's exhausting to attend; I don't want to know how harsh it is to be the one doing the wedding.

"Come here," George pushes me on the dance floor with him.

"No. What are you doing?", I hiss.

"I asked you three times already. Can we at least have one dance together?"

"You know, I don't dance. I can't dance so no." I try my best to restrain myself against him. Then when we were almost on the dance floor, a patronus appears. Everybody stops in what they are doing.

"The Ministry has fallen."

Those were the last words I heard, before hell broke out.