Scene 63- Wedding Crasher

Start from the beginning

"I am not even dressed yet."

"I know."

"Idiot."

"Not a you are beautiful too?"

"If you had two ears than I would have said so."

"Meanie"

"Is that a toothbrush in your ear?"

"Maybe."

"Why?"

"It fits."

"Should I understand?"

"Not really. I am using my new opportunities."

"Let's get this cleaned out. Come on."

"Everything you say dear"

I shake my head and lead him into the kitchen. The outside of the house is buzzing with people everywhere. Outside they are currently on it to set up the tent together and starting to decorate everything. I push George on a stool in the kitchen.

"Why are you so nice to her?," George looks at me with an arched eyebrow, putting his toothbrush away.

I fold my hands and twiddle my thumbs a bit. Leaning against the counter of the kitchen I bite on my lip before answering.

"Because I get how she feels. She isn't really welcomed here, neither of you are straight forward enough to actually say it. Instead you throw around nicknames for her and show her how unwanted she sometimes is. If you all believed she doesn't realize it, she does. She is just too kind enough and ignores it."

"Kind yeah," George snorts.

"Well she is polite. I in her position would have done other things that definitely wouldn't have been approved by your mother in any way. Also, can you blame her for being cold and arrogant sometimes? If you would have been called a phlegm behind your back, you'd start to get distant as well," I cross my arms.

"I suppose you're right," he finally says, sitting down on a chair.

"I don't know why you think so wrongly of her?"

"Because all of a sudden she takes an interest in Bill, they simply just don't fit."

"And we do?," I snicker a bit: "George, that's their matter who they fall in love with and with whom not. None of your or my business. In case you haven't noticed she went out her way and against her family to be here with Bill, if that doesn't prove something than I don't know anymore."

"Against her family?"

"Her family isn't really happy about all of this. Fleur told me her parents wanted someone completely else for her, Bill simply doesn't fit into their imagination and still she does all of this here, even switched venues and plans for Harry, in the middle of a war, without real blessings from anyone, just to be with Bill. Sounds kind of very cheesy to me, but whatever suits them," I shrug.

George nods to himself as if he gets something that he didn't before. He plays with the toothbrush in his hands, flinching a bit.

"Is it your ear?," I ask.

"It stings again. All I can hear on that side is my own heartbeat. Doesn't feel very good to be honest," he points at his bandages.

They've gotten redder again, I should better check that ear. We wouldn't want it to get infected, do we?

I search through the cupboards for some herbs and new bandages, then I take some water and place them on the kitchen table, sitting on George's lab, straddling him.