𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 - 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚: empathic truth

- ☆ -

- ☆ -

    "That's one hell of a cut." Nebula stated as she took off the white bandage from Ava's calf.

Ava let out a hiss a the exposure of air blew onto her wound, as if there was salt inside the molecules. "Yeah, well I asked the guy to not cut me so deep, but he declined my suggestion." She responded sarcastically.

Nebula returned an eyeroll. "Just hold still while I fix it up okay?"

Biting back her lip in regret, Ava let out an anticipating breathe as Nebula got situated.

"I'm just sad I missed all the action, Chica." Gamora said off to the side of the Medical bed, pulling up a chair, sitting in it backwards. Mantis stepped forward to be behind her to listen in as well.

"It was pretty great, I won't lie. Got to take on some nasty thugs before I got this bad boy." Ava replied as she gestured to her injury that Nebula was prepping to stitch it back together with advanced tools made with space gadgets.

Gamora leaned forward with her arms resting on the chair with a squint in her eyes. "Anything else I missed out on?"

Ava frowned as she didn't completely register the question. "What do you mean? We literally got BB-8 and Groot but then Tivian ratted us out and put a bounty on us. Then we fought our way through a sea of thugs and-"

The moment she made eye contact with her, Gamora wiggled her eyebrows, triggering Ava to put defense.

Oh.

"No! There was nothing else!" Ava spat as she jolted a little, making her move her leg. A small ounce of pain shot up her calf as she cried out.

"Hold still!" Nebula snapped.

"Then tell your sister to change the subject because there's nothing to say about it!" Ava whined as she crossed her arms in frustration.

Gamora chuckled after recieving scolding glare from her sister. "You sure chica? Because it seems like Easik and escaping New Knowhere weren't that bland."

She did have a point and Ava knew denying it was a lie. However, she refused to be teased about it all day.

"Poe and I became better friends okay?" Ava confessed, letting out another hiss from the pinching of the needle in her leg. "There happy?"

Gamora shook her head. "Not quite. Got anything to say about the fact you two were holding hands on the way to Tivians?"

Ava laughed off the ridiculous conspiracy and waving her hand. "That was just platonic touch. Natasha did with Clint and the other Avengers all the time."