𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 - 𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚: don't bring me down

-☆-

-☆-

"Thank you for coming to my gallery, but I can't let you steal my display." The Collector said as he stepped off the lift.

"You're display!!?" Poe said in a heated offense. Fire ignited as he was tired of the way BB-8 was being treated. "You stole my droid!"

"Poe." Ava tried to intervene before things got worse, grabbing his arm but he gave no attention to her touch. Instead he pulled out his blaster and aimed it at the Collector.

"You better let us leave or else things are going to get ugly if you don't." The anger in his tone, was bone chilling and even Ava felt anxious without being the one at gun point. Except this time, unlike Easik, his voice was much colder.

Tivian didn't have much of a reaction, he only raised his eyebrows in amusement. "Ah, you must be that Terran from another Galaxy, traveling with the Guardians. Makes sense since you're with one now." Tivian pointed his eyes towards Ava. "I knew very well who you were when you asked about the bot here."

Poe stepped forward. "You call him a bot one more time and I'll-"

"Oh, kill me? Do that and word will get out. Guaridans associating with a mercenary from another galaxy would definitely catch peoples attention." He tisked his tongue as he clasped his hands together. "Ms. Quill, isn't the Sovereign still greedy to get their hands on your friends? Maybe they'd like to pay a visit."

Ava stood there as Poe looked over his shoulder. She eyed him to not shoot, but because he was stubborn he faced the Collector, ready to pull the trigger. Before he had the chance to, the Collector collapsed to the floor.

Poe stepped back to see the joker stuck to a gravity mine. Ava looked at him with a scowl before dragging him into the Lift and BB-8 followed.

"What were you thinking Poe!?" She yelled at him once the doors closed and they descended to ground level.

Poe scoffed. "I wasn't actually going to kill him!"

Ava rolled her eyes. "Right? Like you weren't going about to pull the trigger when he offended you? Real mature Mr. General!"

Opposite of how Poe felt about her minutes ago, he was now deeply annoyed by her banter. "Escape first, argue later!" He yelled before she could say anything else.

She nodded with a chuckle. "Couldn't agree more."

The doors opened and they both dashed towards the city streets, just in time before a holographic door could trap them in.

"Attention fellow New Knowhere citizens, two thieves stole my bot from my collection."

A hologram displayed a camera view, showing exactly where Ava and Poe stood.