𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 - 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧: lights out

-☆-

-☆-

Anticipation was eating Ava alive. She felt confident about the plan before but now she was more anxious. New Knowhere was much more advanced and overwhelmin
gly crowded. It reminded her of New York on Black Friday. So many creatures and races making their way through the crowd. What made the situation slightly better was seeing Poe react to seeing the planet's structure as a giant head of a Celestial. Every time he learned about their galaxy, he acted like a kid who got the latest Lego set and couldn't wait to find out more.

Nebula and Ava stepped outside Benatar as the ramp pulled down to the loading platform. Nebula held up a communicator.

"Get out of there if anything goes wrong."

Ava looked at her with a nod while Nebula placed the device in her hand.

"Thanks, Nebula." She smiled, putting up a façade of confidence when she panicked on the inside. Overthinking all the possibilities that could go wrong.

"Don't worry Lil Quill." Nebula assured, as if she could see right through Ava's mask of pride. "You took on a pirate gang of Skrulls, Tivian is nothing compared to that."

Ava's smile widened from Nebula's encouragement and knew that she was right. They exchanged another nod before Poe come up next to them on the platform.

"You ready for this blondie?" Poe asked, glancing around the atmosphere before he looked down at her with his brown eyes.

Tilting her head in an angle and raising an eyebrow, Ava scoffed. "Are you?"

"You know it." Poe replied with a smirk.

"Let's go." Ava said as she started to lead the way.

A tug on his hand, Poe looked to see Rocket grabbing his hand with his paw and placing a round device with a red button on it. Poe rose an eyebrow while Rocket only winked at the General and gestured him to go.

Poe shoved the object in his pocket and broke into a jog to catch up with Ava. She grabbed his wrist as she spoke over her shoulder. "Stay close, this place is full danger and it's easy to get lost. It's not like Xandar."

Pulling him along, they passed by several booths. Different smells mingled but didn't blend well together. Ava almost wanted to puke.

Poe chuckled as he yelled back over the loud conversations around them. "Wait until you've seen a Cantina blondie!"

She was too focused on weaving through different bodies to see his face, but she could see the proud smirk in just his voice. Dragging him until they finally came across a large arching entrance. Extravagant golden material accented the walls, with a matching statue of Tivan in the middle. A plaque in the center of the arch read in alienic text: