𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 - 𝙩𝙬𝙤: oh for pilots sake

-☆-

-☆-

The word rivalry was an understatement.

Ava knew Poe and Carol would have a few things in common. Thinking they would get along, but she forgot both were very competitive.

"I've helped destroy a Death Star, sweetheart. You ever done that?" Poe asked, poking his head to the front.

So he just calls every girl sweetheart? Ava clenched her jaw, trying not to react and to focus on flying the ship. A small ache in her chest struck her randomly.

Carol scoffed over her shoulder with a snicker. "No, but I didn't crash into an asteroid field."

"Clam it!" Poe snapped while pointing a finger at the Avenger. Ava regretted telling Carol about Poe's casualty as it only make the fire burn brighter. "You're a Captain with powers, but I'm still a General-"

"Oh for Odin sake! Would you both shut up!" She screamed over the arguement, leaving the General and the Captain speechless. "Your both making Peter and Rocket's arguments sound better."

Poe slouched back into his seat while glaring at Carol who sneered back over her shoulder before returning her attention to the front window.

"Your both great leaders, okay? Get rid of those egos before I do it for you!"

Poe open his mouth.

"Espeically you Dameron!" Ava spat, jabbing a finger at him. Joise snickered at the scolding, grateful for Ava's service.

Ava then stared bitterly at the open space outside the front window. Hoping the two would drop the competition and would both try to live in peace for the rest of trip.

"There was this one time I-"

Rolling her eyes, Ava let out a yell of frustration as she stood up. Heading towards the back of the ship and found a bench to sit on. She crossed her arms and let out a long sigh.

Finally some inner peace.

She breathed in again as she closed her eyes to relax.

Until she heard footsteps.

"Poe, I'm not really in the mood-"

Opening her eyes, she found her old friend from Air Force Training. Raising an eyebrow.

"You okay there Major Q?" Carol planted her feet in front of Ava. "Sorry things got out of hand there."

Finding Carol approaching, Ava shrugged. "It's alright. Just should have known Poe would try to one up you. He's got a little prideful mouth."

Carol took a seat next to her friend with a laugh. "Yeah, but I shouldn't have encouraged it."

"I mean, getting a break from bantering with him is not too bad I guess." Ava said, forgetting how he used to chisel at her nerves back on Xandar. That seemed so long, but it was only a week ago.