𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 - 𝙤𝙣𝙚: cosmic alliance

-☆-

A chortle of relief released as Ava placed her hands on her cheeks. Not being able to wipe off her opened mouth smile. Unaware of Poe watching her spin around in a victory dance. Waiting for her to trip on her feet.

Ava turned to see him standing there with a unreadable expression. She walked up to him and grabbed his forearms.

"Poe! We aren't going to die!" She began to ramble and beamed the brightest smile Poe had ever seen while she shook his arms. "That must friend I tried to contact yesterday! She must have gotten my message or something! We are are going to be okay and this means we can hopefully track down where Groot is. And BB-8! We can find your droid!"

Poe shook his head, amused by her celebration. He cleared his throat, hiding the previous smile he wore. "What about the uh, the Skrulls?"

Ava scoffed with a cocked eyebrow. "Pft, please. Carol is the Captain Marvel. She can take on this silly little band of pirates."

She notice her hands were still touching his arms and immediately retracted them. Looking down to avoid the awkward tension, before returning her gaze.

"So, what makes her so great?"

Ava sighed. "In a nutshell, she obsorbed cosmic energy and became a space soilder. She then got stuck in this war between the Skrulls and the Kree. For the record, most Skrulls are friendly but a few like the ones we met are criminals. So Carol is kind of in charge of keep the galaxy in line."

Her eyes widened as a light bulb appeared above her head and pointed at Poe. "Oh, and I should probably tell you that-"

A hand covered her mouth, leaving her speechless. He leaned in close and stared directly into her eyes.

"Slow down there blondie, let me process what you just said," Poe cut her off while his eyelids rested heavy as he looked down at her face with a smirk. "But thanks for filling me in sweetheart."

Ava could feel the blush on her cheeks, hiding underneath his hand. She grabbed his hand and ripped it away from her face. "You're still using nicknames for me, General?"

He shook his head after a small shrug. "Says the person who just called General."

"Because it's your respected title. There's a difference." Ava folded her arms and furrowed her eyebrows. "I can say something way worse if you want."

Poe smirked. "Whatever works for you blondie."

The shaking of the ship, broke her train of thought. Flashes flickering down the hall, casted shadows on the grey walls. Shouts from the Skrulls mixed with scraping metal clashing into a ear-piercing shriek. Both peeked towards the commotion. As if they were watching a movie at the climax, waiting for something to happen.