act one, 𝗲𝗽𝗶𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲

IF LOOKS COULD KILL
act one, the truth about Ophelia

IF LOOKS COULD KILLact one, the truth about Ophelia

post- scream v,
epilogue

Starr Kimens had to fidget with her fingers as she wait for the psychiatrist. Her palms were shaking vivaciously, her skin was becoming paler by the second. Should she be feeling like heaven's light? a truth that's been hidden in the darkness, this should be relief off her chest, a burden she should no longer bare.

But deep down, she knew she didn't want the truth. The truth had sharp claws, it will dig into the skin and punctured hearts. Shatter a soul or just completely get rid of it all together.

"Miss Kimens, Are you ready?" Mrs. May smiles, making a nervous smile spread on Starr's.

"Okay." Starr wipes her palms on her jean shorts.

Mrs. May was a warm hearted women. Her office was warm, almost like a home welcoming you in with open arms.

Her crown was the luscious Afro she wore on her head, her style seemed relaxing. Long skirts that came down to her ankles, a white tank top that was covered by a hollowed—netted sweater.

"You can moves those pillows if it bothers you." Mrs. May pointed at the large pillows that took up half the couch.

Starr moves the pillow out of the way, before sitting it on her lap. It was a comfort.

"I'll start with the easy questions, get the session rolling—get you relaxed, then we'll slowly go from there, okay?" She spoke softly.

Starr nods, giving another simple, "ok."

"So tell me about today, you waking up this morning, how'd you feel about coming here? Excited, annoyed—"

"Nervous." Starr answers, "really nervous actually."

"That's normal for first comers, it's an new experiences." Mrs. May smiles, placing her palm to her heart, "I try my best to make sure it's a good one."

Starr chuckles, "Yeah. My brother told me I had no reason to be nervous."

"You're brother?" Mrs. May takes out her notepad, "you two must be close?"

Start smiles at the thought of him, "yeah, it's pretty shocking actually. Never thought we could be that just a few months ago."

"What happened to cause this change in relationship?"

Starr takes a deep breathe, "me and my brother were almost killed by my best friend and her boyfriend."