𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. A Tear Soaked Gown

IF LOOKS COULD KILL
viii. A Tear Soaked Gown

scream v, chapter eight

scream v,
chapter eight.

✸

          The strong drugs were numbing Starr's body. The hospitalized girl struggled to open her eyes, but once she finally did, she saw the way her hospital room was filled with bright lights, causing her to close them again.

It had only been a few hours after the incident, the sun was now rising, peaking over the trees.

Starr felt her lips tug into a frown, she tried sitting up, only to have someone lightly scold her, "just stay still, you're okay."

Starr relaxed her body but still moved her head to the sound of the voice. Sam Carpenter sat beside her, a light smile on her face.

Starr wanted to smile, but she didn't have the strength to do so. "Tara...is she—"

"She's okay," Sam stopped her racing thoughts, "she's the one who actually wanted me to come in here, to check on you."

"Sounds like Tara." Starr chuckles, only to feel slight a slight pain in her lower body. She hisses.

Sam's smile faltered, she stood up some. Urgently, she asked, "do you need me to get the doctors?"

"No—no, I'm fine." Starr takes a deep breathe. "A few stab wounds never killed anybody."

Sam raises a brow, nodding, "right."

"Sir, you have to get back in bed, you shouldn't be walking!" Starr heard the nurse trying to stop someone from coming in her room.

"I'm fine—" Arlo tries to softly push to nurse out of his way, "I need to see my sister."

Starr felt her heart swell. Her brother was Alive.

Sam runs to Arlo's aid, helping him inside. "Dammit, Arlo." Sam scolds him.

Arlo was in his hospital gown, holding his iv bag. His skin was pale and he looked as if he'd just risen from the dead.

Arlo had to limp his way over to his sisters. Starr tried to make room on the hospital bed for him to sit on.

Once he was settled, Sam smiled, "I'll give you two a minute, I should probably go check on Tara." She informs the siblings before leaving.

Once she was gone, the siblings sat in silence for just a second. Arlo smiles, "guess I still get to go on that date with that super hot chick."

Starr playfully rolls her eyes, "I read in a magazine once that's it a real huge turn off to tell people you survived getting stabbed multiple times."

"Dammit," Arlo laughs, "I was really looking forward to it."

The moment was short and sweet, but they both truly savored this exact moment.

Starr's mind decided to play more tricks and revisit the moment her father was shot. Starr's smile quickly fell, her brother frowned to. "I know." Arlo mumbles, not even having to verbally hear what his little sister was thinking.

The Kimens could both agree that Jin wasn't the best father in the world, but he damn sure wasn't the worse either. There were a few moments in life, where they would see their father acting like his old self.

Before their mother passed. Before their family fell apart.

Starr felt her tears form again. God! She hated this. "You know what sucks about having to kill your own best friend?"

Arlo placed his arm around Starr's shoulder, awaiting her answer.

"...I still love her." Starr admits.

Arlo felt his heart ache for his sister, he placed a soft kiss to her forehead. "You won't ever have to do that again, okay? I'm here and it's over, it's all over." Starr leaned into his chest.

While she let her tears soak her brother night gown, her eyes fell onto Ophelia, who stood in the corner of the room, a simple smile tugging at her lips.

This was far from over.

END OF ACT I
( DEATH )
IF LOOKS COULD KILL.!

˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡ใƷ ♥●•٠·˙

˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡ใƷ ♥●•٠·˙

word count: 636

SIREDNOTES !

Right now, tell me your
theories on who Ophelia is.

Are y'all ready to explore
this Ophelia storyline?!