Family time

I wake up at 7 am and get dressed. I grab emmy and make her breakfast. "Morning my sunshine. Morning my little bug" my mom says. I laugh and smile. "Morning mom"

"What times he coming to get her" I look behind me and then back at the food. "Well we were supposed to take her to the beach in an hour but I don't know if we're gonna do that he hasn't responded to my text"

She scoffs. "Maybe he realized he isn't fit to be a father" she says.

I slam the spatula on the counter. I turn and look at my mom. "Listen I get you don't like him but you have to remember I kept emmy from him for three years mom that's my fault I ran away this time again he's got to be a father he's shown it time and time again the only reason we're doing this whole trial shit is because Im still making sure I can trust him alone with our daughter so I'm sorry you don't like him but grow up it's been a decade since what he did to me and I don't even care about that now what I care about now is that my daughter is safe and protected when she's with him"

I turn back around to the pancakes and set them on a plate. When I give them to Emmy my phone rings. I grab it and see Dylan's name.

"Hey Dylan" I say looking at my mom as she scoffs and walks away. "Hey we're still on for the beach right?"

"Yea are you driving us there or do you wanna meet up" I ask. "I'll drive I'll be there in about 30 minutes so make sure our little girl is all ready for the water"

I laugh. "Will do Dylan bye"

"Bye I love you girls" he hangs up the phone and I set it down. "Emmy when your done we're gonna get ready for the beach ok"

"Ok mommy!"

•••

Me and Emmy are waiting outside when Dylan pulls up. He gets out and Emmy runs to him. "Hi princess" he says picking her up and hugging her. "Hi daddy!"

I look at my phone to see it vibrating. I pick it up and answer it. "Hello?"

"Hi is this ellie sinclair?"

"This is she" i say. "So we are amazed to inform you that you got the job"

"That's great when do I start"

"In one hour" I sigh. "Hey Dylan I'm not gonna be able to go I have to go do something but take care of Emmy if she comes home with even a scratch I will murder you" I say I hug Emmy and go inside.

Dylan's pov:

Me and Emmy are building a sand castle when she looks at me. "Do you love my mommy" she asks. I slightly smile. "Very much"

"Does my mommy love you"

"I hope so sweetie"

We continue playing until she gets tired. "Do you wanna go back now" she nods and I clean up and carry everything and her to the car. I buckle her up and start driving.

Ellie's pov:

8:30pm

"Alright we just wanted to see how'd you do and by the looks of it you did great we'll call you back when we get your schedule"

I smile and walk out to my car. I haven't checked my phone and I have 10 missed calls from Dylan 34 messages and 5 missed calls from my mom.

I call Dylan back and he answers on the first ring. "Omg ellie are you ok we've been worried sick!"

"We?"

"Yes me and your mom Emmys sleeping but where are you" he asks. "I'm on my way home I'll tell you when I get back but you stayed?"

"Yea I put Emmy to bed and your mom made me dinner" I sigh. "Alright I'll be home in about 15 minutes see you guys soon"

I hang up and continue driving.

•••

When I get home I see Dylan's still here. Well this is probably gonna become a thing. I walk inside and Dylan runs up and hugs me. I try to push him away. "I was so worried about you"

I laugh and when he lets me go I walk upstairs. I walk into Emmy's room and see her sound asleep in her bed. I smile and sit down next to her. "I'm sorry baby" I kiss her forehead and go to walk out when I see Dylan.

I'm starting to think maybe I should just let him in. I walk past him to my room. "So what were you doing" he asks as he follows me to my room. "It was nothing"

"Were you on a date" I roll my eyes and turn to him. "No I wasn't"

He sighs. "Ellie I don't know why you keep shutting me out you've done it for years"

"Dylan you have to understand you left me after taking my virginity yea we were kids but still after that I've had bad luck with guys and I don't know if your trust worthy and I don't want my daughter to get hurt"

He nods. "Ellie have I ever hit you" he asks. I look at him weirdly and shake my head. "Have I ever screamed at you for being yourself" I shake my head again. Where is he going with this. "Have I ever made you feel unsafe or uncomfortable" I shake my head again. "What have I made you feel"

I shrug. I don't want to answer that. He steps closer to me with each breath I take. "Come on ellie what have I made you feel" he steps closer leaving barley any room between us. "I don't want to answer that"

He smiles. "Why not" he brings his hands up to my face. Don't let him in ellie. I keep repeating but the look he's giving me makes me feel good. "To complicated"

He laughs. "Bulshit" I close my eyes trying to think straight. But I feel his breath on my lips. I shiver. His lips brush mine before he moves his lips to my ear. "Can I"

I want to say no but I nod. He slowly moves back and kisses me slow. He wraps his arms around my waist and brings me closer to him.

I hate him. I keep repeating. But then my mom yells my name. I pull away from him. "Coming" I yell back. "We can't. Not tonight, not here. I don't" he kisses me again to shut me up. "I know I was just showing you how good we feel together"

He turns back and I grab his hand. "Dylan. Stay" he looks at our hands and smiles. "Anything for you" I smile and run downstairs.

"What mom" i ask. "How was your first day"

"It was ok I mean I miss acting but florida doesn't have any acting jobs and I can't leave Emmy"

She nods. "It's ok you'll find another acting job soon I promise" I smile. "Thanks mom"

I walk back upstairs to see Dylan laying down on the bed. "Dylan" I mumble. I close my door and walk to my closet. I grab some pajamas and go to change. Once I'm done Dylan's sleeping. I crawl into the bed next to him and cover up. He moves and wraps an arm around my waist. "I love you ellie" he mumbles. "I love you too Dylan" I whisper right before I fall asleep.

Sorry it's been a minute but I'm backkkk