Its been three years dylan

3 years later*

I wake up in mine and marks house and hear Emmy crying. I get out of bed and walk to her room.

Emmy is 3 years old and today I'm going to a high school reunion party.

I grab Emmy and carry her to my bathroom. I brush my teeth and so does she. Mark works late tonight so when he gets back I'll be gone. He knows this though. I grab my makeup and start covering up my bruises.

"Mommy why is your cheek purple" emmy asks. I smile weakly. "Because mommy tripped and fell but I'm ok" Emmy smiles and I continue my makeup.

The reunion is formal which is weird.

I put on my dress and help Emmy pick out her outfit. She chooses her repunzel dress because she wants to look like her.

I cook lunch and pack Emmy's bag. "Emmy you ready to go?" Emmy starts jumping up and down and we get in the car heading to brooklyns. "Hey guys" I say as their standing by their door. "You guys ready" they ask.

We nod and get in the car to head to the place.

•••

Once we get there I grab Emmy and her bag and grab her hand. We walk inside and there's lights and music.

I walk Emmy to the area where the kids are and drop her off. "Mommy will be back in a bit ok" she nods and runs off to play.

I walk back to Brooklyn and smile. "You know you could've left her at home"

"Not with mark I don't trust him with her"

Brooklyn nods and Joe comes over with some drinks and friends from highschool.

"I'm gonna go sit over there"

Brooklyn nods and I go sit at an empty table.

About 30 minutes later brooke Joe and a couple others come by and then I see one person I forgot about. Dylan.

He sits at the table and catches up with everyone. He's been staring at me for a bit before I decide to get up. "Hey Brooke ima go get Emmy be right back will you order me another drink please" Brooke nods and I walk away.

I find Emmy and I decide to scare her. "Boo" she jumps and falls over. She starts to cry and I lean down I pick her up and carry her to the table. "It's ok baby mommy's sorry"

Emmy hugs me and I sit down at the table.

"Wow ellie finally decided to grow up and have children" some random guy said. I rolled my eyes. "Yea umm guys meet Emmy, Emmy these are all of mommy's old friends except for auntie brooke and uncle Joe"

Emmy looks at them but stops at dylan. "Mommy is that the boy in the picture you have hiding from step dad"

Fuck. Dylan looks at me. Then at Emmy. "Ellie how old is she?"

"Im 3" Emmy says.

I chuckle and look at Emmy. "Yes that is but you know how mark can be"

"Wait ellie who's her real dad if this mark guy isn't her dad" one guy asked. I look at Dylan and then Emmy. "Well 3 months into my pregnancy mark asked me out. Someone I loved dearly but we didn't work out had moved on and I decided to as well. Mark told me to say the baby was his but was furious when I  picked out the last name of the baby"

Everyone stares at me for a second. "What's her last name" Dylan asks knowing where this was headed.

"Her full name is Emmy dawn obrien"

Everyone looks at Dylan as he just stares at me. "Emmy you wanna know a secret"

"Yes mommy!"

"The guy in the picture I hide is your dad"