Christmas in new york

I woke up at 7am and I turn to see Dylan fast asleep. "Babe" I whisper. "Mmm" he says. "Babeeee" I say. His eyes squint open as he looks at me. "Whattt"

"It's Christmas come onnnn" I get up and pull him out of bed. "But Ellieeee"

"No buts come on" we walk out I see them waiting. "MERRY CHRISTMAS" Julia yells. "Morning" I say. I drag Dylan over to the couch. We open all the gifts from my mom the obriens and Julia. They start opening my gifts I got for them when i stop Dylan.

"Wait don't open this one yet open it last" he gives me a confused look but nods. He opens the other one which is a blanket of pictures of us with a glass frame that has our old favorite song. Yellow by Coldplay and a picture of us. "I love it babe" he kisses my cheek. He opens the last one which is a bracelet for both of us. He sees them and looks at me. "There's one for you and one for me" I say.

"The one with e on it is yours and mine says d" he grabs my hand and puts mine on and I do the same for him. He smiles and everyone finishes opening my gifts. "Baby where's my gift" my uncle questioned me.

"Sorry I don't get gifts for people like you" I said bluntly.  "But I'm your uncle that's the nice thing to do" I roll my eyes and ignore him. "Can we open Dylan's presents please sense he wanted to go last" I say smiling at Dylan. I grab a small box when he snatches it out of my hands. "This one is last" I laugh and open one gift that's a hoodie it's my favorite color and it has plaid pajama pants. "I got us matching ones we can wear tonight" I smile and kiss his cheek. I grab the last gift for me and open it. It's a picture frame with me and him when he asked me to homecoming. I smiled and turned it over to see a note.

'To remember where I knew I won' I giggle as I look at him. He shrugs and I look at the one he has in his hands. I go to grab it but he hits my hand playfully.

I look at him weirdly as he unwraps it. "Dylan I'm supposed to do that" he looks at me and then gets in front of me and bends on one knee. I look shocked and I wanted to cry.

"Ellie I love you and I've loved you sense 5th grade I'm not proposing just yet because I just got you back but I wanted to get you a promise ring because this ring will show that no matter how much you hate me I'm here by your side. Ellie I love you more then anyone and I want to spend the rest of my life with you so will you please accept this promise ring and promise that we'll always be together no matter what life does to us"

I smile and I nod. "Yes Dylan I accept the ring" he stands up and kisses me. "Awww I knew my brother had it in him" Julia says Dylan moves his arms around my waist as I let go. He puts the ring on my finger and I look at it mesmerized by it's beauty. "Dyl this is beautiful"

"Just like you"

"Ok love birds come on in 3 hours we have to go to the Christmas party" Julia says. "Party?" We both say. "Yeah it's pretty cool trust me just some old friends from highschool I think some of your guys to"

I look at Dylan to see if he wants to go. "Wanna go?" He asked. "Only if you do" he smiles and nods. "Well then we will take this to our room and go get ready" Dylan says.

"Thank you guys for the awsome gifts today I love them all" they smile and me and Dylan walk away.

"I really thought you were gonna purpose" I said smiling. "Nah I'd prefer to wait til your birthday" I roll my eyes and lay on my bed. "Hey we got 3 hours til the party up up young lady"

"But what if I had one more gift for you" I winked at him. "On second thought who needs a party we can have on right here" he says hopping on the bed next to me. "Sorry but we have a party in 3 hours so up up" I say mocking him.