Chapter Thirteen // I Am Given Some Guidance

Start from the beginning

I once more prayed–to Apollo this time–for healing, and as I drank the water sphere, I felt the cold liquid slide down my throat and into my intestines–but the water didn't go to my stomach; it seeped into the rest of my body.

I closed my eyes as the roughness in my esophagus and throat soothed, and I almost screamed when my ribs snapped back into place.

And it was perfect timing because Annabeth sat up as I fell against the wall–closing my eyes and letting the water finish heal any other internal injuries.

Thanks.

"What...what was wrong with Luke?" Annabeth's voice broke through my relieved fog. She sounded so broken. "What did they do to him?"

Percy looked at me–as if wondering if he should explain–but I was curious too, so I nodded.

It wasn't really news–but he explained how Kronos took over Luke's body–and that was because Ethan Nakamura pledged his service in front of the coffin or something along the lines of that.

In other words, shit was really getting real over here.

"No," Annabeth shook her head–obviously kinda in denial. "That can't be true. He couldn't—"

"He gave himself over to Kronos," Percy said tiredly. "I'm sorry, Annabeth. But Luke is gone."

"No! You saw when Rachel hit him!"

I leaned over and nodded at Rachel, "Girl, you really are good at your job."

"You hit the Lord of the Titans in the eye with a blue plastic hairbrush," Percy added–gazing at the redhead with respect.

Rachel turned almost as red as her hair, "It was the only thing I had."

"But you saw," Annabeth insisted–pulling everyone's attention back to her. "When it hit him, just for a second, he was dazed. He came back to his senses."

"So maybe Kronos wasn't completely settled in the body, or whatever." I could tell Percy was losing his calm demeanor as he spoke. "It doesn't mean Luke was in control."

"You want him to be evil, is that it?" Annabeth yelled–also losing any cool she had had in the previous half-hour. "You didn't know him before, Percy. I did!"

I opened my mouth to calm down the situation when Percy snapped at her, "What is it with you?! Why do you keep defending him?"

"Whoa, you two," Rachel jumped in, holding her hands. "Knock it off!"

Annabeth turned on her–her gray eyes flashing dangerously. "Stay out of it, mortal girl! If it wasn't for you..."

"Annabeth, calm down..." My voice was soft but full of power, and I was suddenly super thankful I had this ability (that I was about to call my Siren Song or something because I mean–I basically can control people with my voice, and that's pretty damn close to what Sirens sometimes do).

Her voice quieted, and she fell back into me, sobbing miserably into my shoulder before I cleared my throat, "Okay, guys...I know we're all exhausted and just over this day in general, but we gotta get moving. Kronos is gonna send monsters after us."

"I agree with Sally," Nico spoke up, standing up.

"I second that," Ric added as he passed his brother his sword.

I smiled gently at them before helping Annabeth up to her feet–ignoring the moment between Rachel and Percy that was happening.

"I know this is a shit time, but we gotta move..." I murmured to her.