Chapter 59 - Holidays

Start from the beginning

Thinking like this, Evan knew that he would not escape his fate anymore and was surprisingly content with this idea. He still had chaos in his heart and didn't want to jump into a new relationship just yet, but he knew he wanted Ryan by his side. But not before he was able to give him his all. Plus, as he told Angie, it had been a long time since he'd been single, and it was exactly what he needed right now. He didn't want to do anything stupid to hurt Ryan again, so he had to pull himself together first.

It was quite funny that he was becoming so sure about his feelings for him when he was with Kieran not so long ago. He had always said that it was silly to say that wolves were impulsive and jumped into a relationship with their mates immediately upon meeting, as he thought that they did so out of a childish idea of endless love that was instilled in their heads from a young age, but he was clearly wrong. This type of love appeared whether he believed in it or not.

With his head full of thoughts and his cheeks blushing, he reached the familiar bus stop. Ryan wasn't there yet, so he quickly pulled his phone out of his pocket to check the time. Even though he was not aware of his surroundings for half of the way, he managed to arrive at the meeting place a little earlier. So, he had no choice but to wait, and it was quite a paradox since most of the time Ryan was here waiting for him.

Since Evan had no problem getting lost in thought, his wait didn't last long.

He smelled him before he saw him and, that surprised him. Apparently, by spending time together in wolf form, their scent was much more familiar to them now, so he had no problem recognizing it right away. He had no idea if it was just a short-term effect or if it would stay like this forever, but surprisingly he didn't panic about it. After all, he was still convinced that Ryan knew the truth about their relationship a long time ago.

His lips involuntarily spread into a wide smile at the sight of him. As before, he was not wearing a hat, so his thick black hair was covered with snowflakes. He was carrying a travel bag, and Evan assumed that he had gifts for his family in it, otherwise, it would look like he was going to leave for a longer period of time than he told Evan, and he didn't like that.

He automatically decided to walk towards him, retracing his steps without taking his eyes off him, and Ryan added to his pace to meet him in the middle as soon as possible.

"Hey," Evan greeted him first. Ryan was grinning from ear to ear as usual, and Evan's mood automatically matched. He couldn't seem to be sad for long in Ryan's presence and started calling it his superpower as Evan loved to be grumpy.

"Hi," even his voice reflected his cheerfulness. They stood facing each other in such close proximity that the toes of their shoes were almost touching, and Evan only had to reach out to touch him. But he wouldn't do it, knowing that it would be a mixed signal again, which he promised he wouldn't give anymore.

"I'm gonna miss you." He, therefore, decided to express his feelings verbally. It was an honest confession that Evan wouldn't allow himself to say in front of anyone but him and Angie, as they were the closest people to him.

"I'll miss you too. I wish you could come with me." His eyes were honest, and Evan felt himself start to blush again. He couldn't imagine himself in front of Ryan's family, not counting Michael, especially if it meant introducing him as his soul mate.

"I'm sure I'd embarrass myself," he decided to turn the conversation in another direction. Ryan chuckled, and Evan managed to look offended as if he took the sound as confirmation of his words.

"I'm sure my family would love you. But come to think of it, I'm glad you won't see my childhood photos. Especially the ones in the dinosaur costume," Ryan said, reminding Evan that he still had the gift for him in his hands.