Chapter 4 - Scarlett

Start from the beginning

I tried to remain composed, but the buzz of excitement in my chest gave away my true emotions as I made my way towards his establishment.

Located at the intersection of a moderately bustling street, the cozy cafe emitted a warm glow, beckoning curious souls to step inside and experience its welcoming ambiance. The alluring fragrance of freshly brewed coffee and freshly baked pastries permeated the air, tempting anyone who passed by with the promise of comfort and indulgence. Inside, the decor consisted of charmingly rustic wooden tables and chairs adorned with plush cushions, along with vintage elements that enhanced its charm. Bookshelves lined the walls, filled with an array of genres for customers to peruse and delight in.

Cain and Kristopher, the two bartenders, welcomed every customer with genuine grins and expertly mixed drinks. This café was a haven where time seemed to stretch out and people could take pleasure in the simple things.

It was a haven for anyone in need of a brief escape from the hectic outside world.

Walking into the café, I was immediately struck by Cain's infectious smile. Despite my own shortcomings, I couldn't help but admire his seemingly effortless charm and warmth. In the short time we spent together, it was clear that he had mastered the art of emotional control.

The café was quiet and not too crowded at this hour, allowing for a leisurely conversation with both of them. Over time, I had become good friends with Cain and even established a cordial relationship with Kristopher, despite his persistent insinuations about a potential romantic connection between me and his boss, which has yet to materialize.

I swiftly sat down on a high stool and requested a hot caramel coffee and a simple croissant. Perhaps it would have been smarter to order something more substantial, but I couldn't resist the opportunity to watch Cain in action; it was one of my guilty pleasures, even if it revealed my infatuation with him. He never said anything about it, but I couldn't help blushing whenever he caught me staring at him. The surge of exhilaration that coursed through me each time he acknowledged my admiration for him was indisputable.

Watching him create his drinks with such smooth, fluid motions always left me in awe. It was hard to believe that he was just a barista, as his grace and precision resembled that of a musician, possibly a pianist.

Aside from his charming personality, there was something else about Cain that drew me in and intensified my attraction towards him. It was the air of confidence he exuded and the way he presented himself through his fashion choices. He possessed a natural grace and looked effortlessly put-together at all times. Today, he sported a crisp white dress shirt that perfectly complemented his style, and his slim-fitting pants showcased his physique. I could only imagine how polished his black leather shoes appeared under the warm ambiance of the cafe, even though they were hidden from my view by the counter between us.

His hair was neatly groomed and slicked back, a subtle hint of cologne lingering around him. His confident gait and composed attitude were in perfect harmony with his polished appearance, making him stand out among any group.

I couldn't tear my eyes away from him as he made my coffee, completely captivated by his every move. I could never resist admiring the way his muscles moved under his shirt. Sometimes, I even caught myself getting lost in my thoughts and losing focus on everything else. A small smile tugged at the corners of my lips before I directed my attention to Kristopher, who was all too familiar with my lingering glances. He always found it amusing when he caught me staring, a common occurrence that I didn't particularly like admitting to.

Kristopher was a kind man, with a charming appearance to match. His flowing hair was usually tied back in a neat braid, though I could sense he longed to let it loose if Cain didn't disapprove. Despite his rough exterior, his joyful attitude and boundless energy never failed to bring a smile to my face. Occasionally, Cain would become frustrated by his constant cheerfulness, but I found him to be a true pleasure to have around.