Chapter 20

Skyler and I spent the rest of the day together. After a week, he ask me to be his date on a prestigious event.

"You look gorgeous ",he said. Today is the event. I'm wearing black long gown with a high slit on the left leg. It's a simple dress but I add some diamond on it as accessories so it became elegant.

"Thanks. You look handsome on your black suit " I said. He's good looking already but tonight he's more than that.

We arrived at the venue and we are greeted by the flashes of cameras and questions. I am conscious because the last time I attend this kind of event was when my mom still alive.

"Are you okay " ani Skyler ng muntik na akong matapilok pero madali niya akong nahawakan sa beywang.

"I'm fine " sagot ko at pinisil ang kamay nito at hinila papasok sa ballroom.

Every guests are familiar. Politicians, business tycoons, socialite, artist, and models are here. It's big thing event. They maybe familiar to me but we don't know each other. Through the way Skyler was greeted by some guests they will never pay attention to me. It's not that I want attention it's just that you can identify how you need to be known to be recognized by this people. You need to be on their level.

"Sarriene, Skyler "  I'm relieved when Dad and Tita Tracy is here. I didn't know that they will attend this party. Although, I never ask them. I, think they can't. Speaking of Dad and Tita Tracy there's Allison on her red gown. We met our gazes but she remove right away.

"Skyler, Is my daughter your date"  Dad said the obvious that almost make me rolled my eyes.

"Yes, Sir " Skyler looked formal as he answered my Dad. He's stiff.

"Well then, you two enjoy the rest of the night " ani Dad at nagpaalam na maiwan kami dahil marami pa silang kakausapin.

"Are you nervous with Dad around" I said slightly teasing him. We already on our seat. I look at him with the, smirk on my lips, teasing him.

His brows furrowed and look at me
"A bit " he said with a small voice that I can't almost hear him. I laughed hard and it's late already to know that we're not alone on our table. Together with us is the known icon of businesses and the former president and former First Lady.

I awkwardly smile at them. Beside me, is Skyler talking to them now. After that awkward scene. I remain silent the whole time. The former First Lady approach and we talk a bit and after small conversation. I remain silent again. I excused myself.

"Restroom lang" sabi ko kay Skyler ng makita niya akong tumayo. Naputol ang pinag-usapan nila ng mga kasama nito dahil tumingin siya sa akin.

"You want me to go with you " he said, making me feel so awkward. He said like its not a big deal and infront of this people.

I smiled, awkward at them.
"No need, I'll be right back " I smiled again and turned my back  on them, heading to the restroom. I exhaled deeply like I can already breathe normally now. I made my way to the restroom and I smile a bit at the media who try to approach and I respectfully turned them down.

When I'm already on the restroom. I thought that I can normally breath fine but that's only a thought.

"Ohh, my dear stepsister  is here " Allison said. She's here.

I open my bag and took some powder and apply it to my face to retouch a bit. I can her through our reflection on the mirror. She's also retouching.

"Enjoying the party Sarriene " she said and there's no emotion seen on her face.