38

I know about all the scars you got even without a sharp edge

Even if you don't say it

The silence that engulfed the room spoke volumes

"What next?" Lucas whispered, breaking the lingering stillness. Changbin sat down on his chair, seemingly distracted as he dwelled in thoughts of his own and Yeonjun lightly pat his back assuringly.

"It'll be fine. One lead is all it takes to get ahead of them." Yeonjun stated before peeking at Jay who was compiling the freshly printed sheets of paper.

"Done." Jay sighed as he placed the bundle of about 10 sheets on the table and slid it toward Changbin.

"Firstly, I want the profiles of Chaeyoung, Yuqi, Xiaojun, and Sihyeon." The manager ordered and Yeonjun flipped through the stack of loose sheets as he diverged the essential ones alone.

Soyoung glanced up at Mark to observe his reaction towards the entire situation that occurred cause of Yeri and for someone who always masked his emotions with an apathetic façade, the eyes that aimlessly roamed across the room and index finger that clawed the skin of his thumb with immense force that beads of blood surged onto the nail bed.

Anxiety? Soyoung wondered, quite astounded to figure out that Yeri's words had gotten to him.

"Stop." Soyoung lightly tapped the back of his hand and he dropped his actions and without a word being said, he exited the room, leaving everyone baffled.

Yeonjun looked over at her and mumbled and arched his brow questioningly to which she simply shook her head in a no before stealing a glance at the agape door and his figure that disappeared out of her sight.

"Yeri went a bit overboard to be honest." Yeonjun commented, eying the manager to read the expression that settled onto his face and thinly smiled when he witnessed the hint of worry in his eyes.

Changbin sighed, "Soyoung can you accompany him?" The girl nodded as she stood up and departed, looking around in search of Mark but he was nowhere to be seen in any of the rooms so she decided to inspect the garage, intuitively guessing that he would probably take solace in the place that reeked of diesel and smoke.

Stepping into the garage, she caught onto the sole incandescent illuminating the space that drowned in darkness and headed in the direction of light, knowing well she would find him there.

"Ah, called it" Soyoung muttered to herself with a smile as she caught onto his figure that peeked from behind the Mustang GT500 in a lavish shade of fiery red that glimmered under the light.

The sound of her footsteps made him glance over his shoulder with his hand clasped onto the lit cigarette now resting on the roof of his car as a swirl of smoke twirled around his head in a fog before scattering in the air.

The minuscule particles that danced in the atmosphere under the spectrum of light cast a shadow on his face, highlighting his high cheekbones and prominent jawline.

"Searching for me, beautiful?" He asked with an arch of his eyebrow and she nodded, leaning against the pillar with crossed arms by her chest, eyes unwavering on the male who did not lift his gaze off of her.

"Y'know," She began raising a finger to point at the car and himself, "This reminds me of when I first saw you at the Arena by Hidden Cellar- smoking alongside your Chevy. To think that was about two years ago amazes me. Time really flies." She commented, recollecting when she had first seen him at the street racing arena.

Mark chuckled raspily as he took a puff of his cigarette, "And your first impression being?" He asked, intrigued.

"Curious, I would say. I was curious to meet the infamous street racer." She replied as she fiddled with her fingers, "Nineteen-year-old Soyoung was wild." She jokingly laughed, waving a hand in the air as her eyes wandered across the supercar that was doused in the dim-lit garage.

Mark stared at her through the strands of his black hair that brushed his eyelashes and he caught a glimpse of her honey-brown eyes that shone in a different light, juxtaposing the innocence that once swarmed in them evidently.

She seemed foreign from the girl he knew a year ago.

Her character detrimentally transformed- her gaze appeared bare with no camouflaged emotions or thoughts and instead of letting vulnerability originate from the exposure, she appeared headstrong. No fear behind those eyes that portrayed a strong front and could take a blow without faltering.

She adapted herself to survive the underworld, destroying her past self which was too innocent for the world. And he blamed himself for whom she became today. Looking at the girl in front of him felt like he was staring at his younger self and he did not know if this was a good sign or bad.

Being the car enthusiast she is, naturally, her body moved closer to the supercar, and her hand outstretched to feel the dips and curves of the exterior but halted and looked up at Mark.

"Can I touch your car or are you still bitter about others touching what's yours?" She asked, referring to how he restricted her from laying a finger on his Corvette and a genuine laugh bubbled in his mouth as he rested his chin on his propped arm that was placed on the top of the car.

"You have a weird obsession over your car, don't you?"

"I don't like it when others touch what's mine."

Mark smiled to himself at the thought that stemmed in his mind and she furrowed her brows, "What's with that smile all of a sudden?" She asked.

"Youn, wanna go on a ride?" He asked with his signature smirk etching onto his red lips as the nickname rolled off his tongue effortlessly and she found the erratic beating of her heart strange yet homely, bringing back memories she shared with Mark that sunk to the back of her head in a blur.

"Can I take you out on a ride, Mark?" She asked and the absolute exhilaration her words gave him made him break out into a grin as he tossed the car keys towards her and she caught onto it with one hand, eyes sparkling in exaltation.

"What is this- a sign?" Soyoung chuckled as she slid into the driver's seat and spun the keys in her index finger, facing Mark who mimicked her actions as his quick fingers clicked the seatbelt lock to hug his torso.

"Down for some fun?"

His hand raised to trace the side of her face, fingertips softly trailing down to her jaw as his intense gaze pierced into hers. A teasing smirk, a skip of his heartbeat, and a gaze that never left the girl.

"I'm all yours tonight, beautiful. Count me in."

HOW WE FEELINGGGG 🫣

HOW WE FEELINGGGG 🫣

My girl had a whole character development (and I feel like a proud mum)

We have 17 (stan svt for clear skin) more chapters to go and ahhh I'm so excited ;))