37

The stage is getting bigger

But the place in my heart is so small

"So, she gave you a shotgun?" Hendery asked, pointing at the weapon that was placed on the table they had surrounded

Soyoung nodded with Lucas who mimicked her actions, still surprised at what she narrated during the bike ride back home.

A few seconds of silence filled the room before Yeri burst out laughing, "Tell me this is a joke." She chortled and when everyone simply stared at her with a serious gaze, her lips fell into a straight line, "Oh c'mon. Learn to take a joke."

"Haha funny." Yeonjun mocked tediously, "Unexpected but at least we know what she wants." He spoke up, eliminating all the distractions and coming back to the topic they were all discussing.

"Input from this side please." He gestured towards Mark and Changbin who met up with Kang Mina, the arms dealer of Dragon. Mark stood up at the cue and pulled out a folded sheet of paper from his pocket and placed it on the table for everyone to take a good look at it.

"I met up with Kang Mina who is Dragon's weaponry dealer. She supplies arms from the base to the places written on this list. That simply means Dragon has its people working in all these locations. And surprisingly or not, Seoul is their second biggest network after the main hq in Shanghai. We can retrieve information about everyone under Dragon in mainly Shanghai and Seoul, then narrow it down to only those we need to know more of." Mark explained.

"Jay, I need all the profiles asap." Changbin ordered and the boy nodded before spinning in his swiveling chair and began his work.

"That gets us Chae's info since she was Dragon's fighter about roughly 4 years ago." Mark added, taking everyone by astonishment at the news, "So you knew about it?" Yeri arched her brows unconvinced and displeased at his statement.

"If I did, things would have been easier, Yeri." Mark replied calmly and she scoffed, "What's your ulterior motive, Mark?" She raised a question that everyone failed to utter since no one dared to go against Mark.

"Is this about me-"

"Yes, it's always about you. And don't hit us with that 'trust me I know what I'm doing' bullshit. Clearly, we do not trust you after everything." Yeri voiced out boldly and the tension in the air arose. Lucas and Doyeon shared a look of awkwardness since the two were outsiders to the dispute everyone had with Mark.

"I mean as much as I try to act like it doesn't affect me. I have to admit, it feels... um, off to have you around now." Hendery reluctantly put forward his thoughts, taking Yeri's side.

"Listen, I get it. I'm not asking for your trust-"

"Oh, shut up." Yeri interrupted with a wave of her hand, dismissing his words as she found herself getting annoyed at his explanations that resolved absolutely nothing.