36

In a world without rules,

Everything's upside down

The tires of the bike screeched against the asphalt as the vehicle came to a halt by the alleyway, a lane down the apartment, and Soyoung got down, staring at the building that held all memories she made in the past year and a sigh slipped her lip...

The tires of the bike screeched against the asphalt as the vehicle came to a halt by the alleyway, a lane down the apartment, and Soyoung got down, staring at the building that held all memories she made in the past year and a sigh slipped her lips subconsciously.

"Lead the way." Lucas gestured and trailed behind the girl who was well acquainted with the area like the back of her hand. Lucas, who was here for the first time, was observant of his surroundings and took mental notes of all roadways in case any unexpected situation may arise.

Soyoung noticed that he was on his toes and as they walked down the road, she slid her hands into the pockets of her sweatpants and glanced up at the male, "Calm down. Sihyeon isn't much of a threat unless she carries a scalpel with her all the time. Plus, this neighborhood is like an outcast, nothing to worry about."

Stray and solitary— which was considered safe for Soyoung.

"Also, no one knows my identity since I was barely out. Chae never let me out just in case anyone could be spying on me and inform Dragon my whereabouts." She added as she watched Lucas notice the decent-looking two-story apartment building with faded paints and running on minimal maintenance. 

"It's disconnected from the downtown." He voiced out his observance as they entered the building through the gates which were left agape and creaking. "No security either?" He asked, quite surprised at the fact that they could directly walk in without any such hindrances.

"We had one, but it didn't last long since he wasn't getting regularly paid. You see, areas like these are for those who just live for the sake of it, struggling to get through every day. I was one myself, so I know well." She smiled at him as they walked up the staircase and he couldn't help but notice the depth in her words, wondering how much she suffered to get here.

"This one." Soyoung halted by one of the doors with the label 'two-zero-five' in black and knocked on the door.

"Sihyeon lives here?" Lucas asked while they waited outside, "Of course not. She is a reputed doctor at a reputed hospital, she owns her own apartment downtown. This is Chae's hideout- also where I lived. Hyeon only came over at weekends when she had no shifts cause Chae missed her."

His mouth formed an 'o' shape as in nodded at the information and an immediate question popped into his mind, "So why are we here for Sihyeon? Shouldn't we search for her at her apart-"

The door clicked to unlock, and his eyes widened.

"Intuitions." Soyoung smiled.

"Who is it?" She heard the familiar voice ask before twisting the doorknob. She sucked in a sharp breath, reminding herself to stay composed and not let her emotions get ahold of her senses.