27

Inside the irregularity that's hard to understand
There's a story that's deeply hidden

Inside the irregularity that's hard to understand There's a story that's deeply hidden

"What..?" Soyoung mumbled out in disbelief, assuming she heard him wrong but the way his face weighed a sense of confirmation did not comfort her even the slightest.

"What?!" She yelled out this time, aghast, and San glanced at her, his finger that once pointed at the screen now directed towards her, "That kid is you, isn't it?" He asked, sounding equally surprised.

She slowly nodded, "Yea, that is me... and that's dad." She replied in a hushed tone and he let out a sharp exhale, both in utter bafflement.

"Okay wait, let's break it down so my brain can process this- wow, I'm loosing my shit right now, haha this is absolutely ridiculous, wow~" Soyoung rambled on in attempts to laugh it off but the sternness of the topic made her shut her mouth almost instantly.

"Wait so- what- why- how the fuck are we a family?!" San flailed his arms in the air, stuttering to find the right words to express his thoughts but Soyoung was too caught up in her own thoughts to pay any attention to what the boy had to say.

San spaced out, staring elsewhere as he mulled over it while Soyoung kept rambling on as to how she finds this ridiculous and that it must be a mere coincidence, trying to convince herself that this wasn't true, throwing a tantrum of her own.

"—this must be a dream. Surely, of course- it gotta be!" Soyoung huffed out air, dropping onto the chair beside the desk and ran a hand down her face in denial.

"Oh god- hold up, all of this is finally making sense!" San exclaimed out of the blue startling the girl and she looked up at him through her strewn strands of hair, eyes round in expectancy, "What? This surely isn't true right? There's no way it is true right??"

San shook his head, brushing her words off, "Alright listen up. I told you about this before but my father abandoned me at the age of four. Sanghoon is a former manager of Pheonix, right?"
"Right.." Soyoung muttered, carefully paying attention to every word the elder spoke and trying to make some sense out of it.

"And my mum said that I was born into the racing world which means.. Sanghoon is my father." San stated, surprising himself that he pieced the information together and Soyoung groaned out in disapproval, "How did you possibly come to that conclusion San?? Your father could be literally anyone else from the underworld!" She protested.

"Right, okay I agree. But to be very honest Soyoung," He broke off, eyes falling onto the girl as he studied her face, "You remind me a lot of my mother, I can't lie. Even our surname adds up just right!" His remark made her scoff, waving a hand in the air as she refused to believe him.

"Then even I can say that you remind me of Yejun cause you take care of me. San, please, this is a baseless theory—" Soyoung cut herself off, eyebrows knitting closer at a strange thought crossed her mind and San stepped towards her with anticipation painting his features, "What? What is it?"