3

Don't let down your guard or
I'll flip the tables 

Don't let down your guard or I'll flip the tables 

It felt like a bolt out of the blue for the girl. The abrupt presence of the person she had least expected to materialize themselves plunged her into a state of revelation, taking her senses a genuine twenty seconds to evoke.

Song Yuqi.

The elder looked at her with same gaze that she had at their first encounter— nothing changed about her appearance except that her aura got a bit more intimidating.

The silver lip ring curved around her cherry stained plump lower lip was the first thing Soyoung's eyes caught onto, her round brown eyes weighing an emotion she couldn't decipher.

"Took us a year to get you" Yuqi muttered, gliding her finger across the window frame of the car she was seated in.

Though Soyoung was distressed at the fact that Dragon had got to her, she made an effort to not display it on the outside, striving to push the surfacing thoughts to the back of her head.

"I must say Changbin hid you quite well" She hoisted her other hand that clutched the handgun with her eyes trained over the weapon in her hold.

Soyoung remained silent, eyes trailing ahead to count the number of men obstructing her pathway. At the front stood two, three on the sides and one at the rear- their car was encircled with Dragon's men, all guns aimed at the two.

"Too bad we got you, Hua" The smirk on Yuqi's lips became evident as she spoke those words, triumphantly looking at the girl.

Soyoung lightly tapped onto Chaeyoung's hand, a soft hum heard in response before her hand gradually slipped to grip the gear head, her feet shuffling near the throttle, preparing to step on the gas.

Her scant moves did not go unnoticed by Yuqi, her hand raising above to point the gun at the girl, bringing her to am immediate halt, "Don't even try Soyoung" She glowered at the girl, not giving her a chance to retaliate.

Soyoung stayed unmoving, hand lifting off the warm gear-head and her breath hitched in her gullet as her honey brown eyes fell ahead- numerous thoughts swarming in her mind.

Yuqi did not let the aim on the girl slacken as she pulled the door open and got down, taking steps towards the BMW the two were seated in.

"Get down" Yuqi demanded, holding the muzzle a mere inch away from Soyoung's forehead.

Yuqi slightly hunched, glancing at the interior of the car and her eyes flickered onto Chaeyoung, gaze narrowing as her eyebrows furrowed, as though she was studying her.

"You as well" Yuqi raised her free hand, gesturing with her index finger at the door, "Get down".

Soyoung glimpsed at Chaeyoung, sharing a brief second of eye-contact— the younger's heart blundered in her rib cage whilst Chaeyoung looked relatively composed, the elder's assuring gaze calming her jittery nerves.