6

In this cold world,
I'm closing my eyes

Soyoung was dumbfounded, standing tongue-tied in front of her mother who had asked her to surrender herself to Dragon

"Mom" The monosyllabic word slipped her lips as a whisper, in two minds if she heard her right.

Eunji observed her reluctance and inched towards her with her weapon raised to the girl's neck where the streak of dried blood stained her skin, trickling down to tint the collar of her white shirt a faint shade of red.

Yet the sight of the fresh laceration that sat on her daughter's neck did not bother her even the slightest bit- all of her attention solely focused on convincing the girl to capitulate.

"You want me to surrender to Dragon? Mom.. I- wow- are you being serious??" Soyoung uttered out, struggling to find words to express herself at the engulfing emotion that coursed through her body.

Agony? Devastation? Betrayal?

She could not apprehend what she felt at the moment but she knew for sure that her stomach churned at the mere thought of her own mother's words.

"Does this look funny to you?" Eunji inhaled sharply, visibly exasperated with her daughter's conduct, "Don't stall Soyoung, I'm not going to fall for your silly tricks".

Soyoung parted her lips to explain herself but instead had a change of mind, well aware that Eunji was not concerned in having any civil conversation.

"I could die if I surrender to Dragon mom... are you alright with it?" Soyoung asked, expecting a genuine response from the elder to make out her true intentions.

Eunji let out a snicker, gaze zeroing on the younger in revulsion, "It is what you deserve, why so surprised?" Her cynical tone carried through the air evidently, scathing the girl's heart into shards.

Soyoung could distinctly view the abhorrence masking Eunji's face and it took her great efforts to keep herself composed and not let the tears that pricked behind her eyelids roll down her face.

"What did I do to deserve it?" Her voice trailed off into a whisper, her voice restraining from escaping her mouth louder as she felt the base of her throat constrict.

"Cause you are the one to atone for your father's sins" Eunji's tone was cold, vicious and devoid of any emotion.

Soyoung was about to utter something when the car door clicked open and Chaeyoung swiftly got to her feet, pointing the gun directly at the elder.