26

In this never ending cycle
I'm still lost and can't find my way

Trail of yells, sharp breaths and heaving chests— everyone was focused on the training, practicing either alone or in duos; everyone except Soyoung and Mark who occupied the basement

Standing alongside each other in front of the firing lanes, the girl had been rigorously practicing to master her aim. She did not want to perfect the skill but to familiarize herself with a handgun and feel at ease while handling one.

On the other hand, Mark was casually having a run-through of his basics, taking a shot once every five shots that the girl aimed.

Mark lowered his hand that clutched the gun and glimpsed at the girl, "Aim for the shoulder. Arms and calf muscle can be tricky if the target is especially moving." He suggested before turning to look at the aperture on his silhouette— perfectly hit the bullseye.

Soyoung nodded, raising her extended arm to shift her line of fire towards the shoulder and repeated the same process until she could get the right shot.

"Not bad for the first time." Mark muttered loud enough for just the girl to hear but she did not reply, instead dropping her arms that had begun aching and placing the weapon and the protection equipments on the table, she exited the basement, heading back to the training room.

The room was crowded with all the members— Yeri and Hendery appearing as though in between a serious boxing match, Doyeon teaching San some of her moves, Lucas and Jay guiding and assisting one another to master self-defense, and Chaeyoung revising by herself—leaving the girl with no space to practice alone so she decided to join the lonesome elder.

"Hey Chae." Soyoung smiled, waving a hand as she approached the elder who halted whatever she was doing and smiled in return, "Hey So, where were you all along? I checked your room but it was empty."

"In the basement." Soyoung gestured towards the now closed door that lead to the basement and the elder arched an eyebrow, "Oh shooting range. Alone?" Soyoung shook her head, "Mark was in there."

"Oh." Chaeyoung fell silent before waving a hand and brushing the topic aside, "Okay now join me, let's see if you still remember everything I taught you." Soyoung nodded in agreement and took her position in front of Chaeyoung.

"But before that do some stretches, we don't want body pains at twenty." Chaeyoung smiled, turning away to let the girl warm her body up for the upcoming hours of physical training.

And just as Soyoung was done with prepping her body, the door swung open making everyone pause and turn their heads towards the intruder.