Chapter Three

Happy Reading!
Please Vote and comment<3
------

How far can you go down the wrong path,
before you can’t get back on the right one?
-Carolee Dean

---
It has been almost two weeks since I am here in this prison and I still haven’t gotten used to it. I don’t really talk to anyone here except Amna and Aminah. They have literally become my friends. After trying to roam aimlessly around the palace for a week, I got tired and told them to show me around properly. It was actually fun.

And they showed me around the palace. I visited the library, the main kitchen, the court room, the royal gardens, the Sultan’s harem, the training ground for men, the stables and many more important places.

“Where does this left Hallway take us Aminah?” I noticed she wasn’t taking me to this part of the palace.

“Noor, this is the west wing of the palace and the royal family and the Sultan’s chambers are here. Of course, we cannot go here.” Oh, I see, this explains why she wasn’t taking me there.

“But this looks a little different from the rest of the palace. It seems like more money was spent on this part. It’s luxurious.” I said trying to get more sight of it. Amna took hold of my hand.

“Yes, obviously, it’s for the king and his family, it has to be special.” Saying this she started moving me to the other hallway.

“Amna, I really want to see it.”

“No Noor, we are not allowed to go there.” I know she won’t take me there. No worries, I will surely come here on my own. Thinking about this, I started moving with them.
We were roaming around just like that when a girl came to us and said that Aminah and Amna were called by their mother. Both of them looked at me seeking permission.

“Of course, you should go, don’t worry about me. I will find my way to my chamber.” And just like that they left. At first, I decided to go back to my chamber but then decided otherwise.

I kept walking around the palace and saw an entrance to an open area. I stepped down the stairs which took me to a beautiful rose garden.

Awestruck is the word which can describe my feelings, looking at the garden. It was just simply beautiful. I wonder, why didn’t I see it before.

Amna didn’t bring me here. But then I can’t really blame her. The palace is so huge, and I remember she said that there are many gardens here.

The garden was literally empty, no sight of any human being was there. I started walking bare feet on the soft grass, slightly touching the soft petals of roses as I was walking. There were many birds and butterflies flying around here and there, chirping softly.
It was so peaceful and the fresh air scented with the fragrance of roses made my mood a lot refreshing and better. Moving forward, I realized that this garden was huge, and after taking a turn, I caught sight of a little lake with crystal blue water, surrounded by bushes of roses and jasmines.

Amazed by its grace, I literally stood enraptured and wanted nothing but to run towards it and sit nearby. As soon as I started running, I suddenly slipped due to the slightly muddy ground.
Closing my eyes, I was ready to fall down, but as soon as I was about to touch the ground, ruining my Pure white gown, I was caught in the air, by an arm snaking around my waist and pulling me up.

Taking a sigh of relief, I opened my eyes to see who saved me, when the cool fresh air around me literally stilled.

“You?!” I realized that it was the same man who bumped into me when I came to the palace. I quickly got out of his arms, wrapping my white scarf around me securely and stared at him. I could tell, that he also recognized me.

“Aren’t you the same girl, who bumped into me the other day and didn’t even bother to apologize?” Suddenly annoyance took over me.

“No, I think you are mistaken, I never bumped into someone, but you are the one who bumped into me.”

He literally looked amused by my sudden anger, and chuckled a little which caused me to narrow my eyes on him.

“Ah I see, but won’t you thank me today for saving you when you were about to be covered in mud?” He inquired, raising his eyebrows.

“Well, I don’t remember asking you to save me but still you see, I am a well-behaved and nice lady. So, thank you very much for saving me.” I said dusting the imaginary dust off my hands not even bothering to look at him.

“You are most welcome. Mind asking me what a well-behaved and nice lady is doing is a secluded garden at this time of the day?” He literally taunted me, increasing my anger. What is seriously wrong with him!

“I can do whatever I want to, who are you to ask me that?” Glaring at him, I stood firm.

“Woah relax, it’s ok, calm down.”
Well, he shouldn’t have said that then. Just then I saw a rabbit coming to his feet and he picked it up in his arms.

“Hey little one, long time no see.” He muttered snuggling it in his arms. The sight actually looked cute. I noticed that this time; this man was wearing clothes unlike last time when I bumped into him and he was shirtless.
From his clothes he looks like someone important in the palace. Realizing that I was checking him out, I lowered my gaze towards the rabbit.

“Would you like to go near the lake?” He suddenly asked, surprising me.

“Um… No, it’s getting late. I think I should leave.” Flustered, I said turning back towards the palace, tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

“Wait!” I turned towards him raising my eyebrows in question.

“ It’s the second time we have met, and I still don’t know your name.” I was actually surprised he asked that. Contemplating, I narrowed my eyes a little at him, deciding. He was behaving nicely with me this time. I guess he is not that bad. Also not forgetting the fact that he saved me when I was about to be covered in mud.

“It’s Noor.”

“Noor” He murmured, repeating.

“I haven’t seen you in the palace before, who are you?” Why is he asking me so many questions.

“Well, it’s because I came here two weeks ago. I used to live in the city.”

He furrowed his eyebrows a little.
“You came here from the city?”

“Yes, because I am the vizier’s daughter.” Surprised, he confirmed;

“Vizier Suleiman?”

“Yeah”

“That means you are new in the palace.” I simply nodded to that.

After that he became quiet and didn’t say anything. I stood still for a minute but then turned away to go.

“It’s Burhan.” I suddenly heard him speak from a distance.

“Huh?” I turned, furrowing my eyebrows, in confusion.

“My name. It’s Burhan.” He said looking at me, and then slowly turned to walk towards the lake, the rabbit still snuggling in his hands.
________________
Thoughts?
Do vote and comment<3