"And I know you might be thinking 'Oh but why would you want him?'" he mimicked in a female voice. "we just want his cards. nothing more."

you kept listening while he retraced his steps back to Amleo.

"That clown has collected more cards than us in two weeks, while we've been here for over five months" he gritted his teeth. "we all want the same thing, right? To clear the game, and earn our rewarded money."

he put his hands on his hips, making his way back to you again. "You're here because there is no other way to attract the bastard. We confirmed that the night you helped Leo here." he gestured toward the boy

"so I'll make him a deal; your life, for his cards." he was now standing close enough that you could feel his breath.

"let's find out how much he cares for you. And if not?" he shrugs "Then you'll die, and we'll find our next victim," he said casually.

what the hell is wrong with these guys?

your plan of luring one of them away was possible, but the chances were lower. it was now four against one, and you still didn't know what ability Amleo possessed.

Even so, you still had to try. you had to. it was your only possible chance of getting out of here. you weren't going to sit and wait like a princess locked up in a tower for her prince. you had to do something.

"you might as well get comfortable for the next.." he leaned down to the timer on your stomach "46 hours!"

you wanted so badly to punch him square in the face, but you resisted the urge and allowed him to walk away. Amleo followed closely behind him like a puppet.

approximately an hour had passed before you decided to grab someone's attention. I need to get out of here.

"I have to use the washroom," you announced to no one in particular.

silence.

"hellooo? I have to pee?" you said louder

"Shut up?" bara said

"But I really have to go." you pushed

"piss there" Bara pointed to the opposite side of the cave at a corner.

"no thanks."

"then hold it," he said

You sighed. "I'm on my period. so unless you assholes want blood-"

"-dude!" Sub budged in

"Alright! fuck." bara stomped over to you, grabbed your arm, and pushed you in front of him. "walk."

"thank you." you said

"make it quick," he said as you were led to some bushes nearby.

you ignored his comment and pretended to crouch behind the plants. what now?

you observed the scene. Sub was still watching the area. just as you wondered where gentrhu and Leo were, they made an appearance from behind the cave, next to Sub.

Bara was still visible to the men, but he was far enough. if the others did see, it would take a moment for them to reach you.

running was no use, and if you used nen, the bloodlust would spread too far and alert them. you had no choice. you had to do this now.

you scattered the ground for a weapon of any kind. anything that wasn't too obvious. a sharp stick, a rock, maybe even a puddle to drown him in. Then you remembered, you still have your book. it's the only thing they can't take from you.