chapter 9

Word count - 1385

you had time to think about what happened with hisoka last night, and you hated yourself for it. I mean there wasn't another word to describe the feeling for yourself right now. No matter how much you hated hisoka, your body and mind dragged you back to him.

although, you do appreciate him stitching you up. without him, you'd probably be dead right now of blood loss.

You haven't seen hisoka in three days since you practically ran out of his apartment. you were honestly just embarrassed

speaking of, your arm was healing properly. you still had to keep some bandages on it and take it easy. it should be fully healed in about a week or so.

you made sure to thank hisoka. you were damn lucky that he knew how to take care of wounds like yours. but still, you were embarrassed. I mean you practically almost gave yourself to him.

you told yourself avoiding him was the right thing to do. but it was hard considering he's your neighbour.

as for the whole illumi situation, well, you're fucked. you don't have a choice. you realized that after the bastard stabbed you.

you could run away, but the crazy mother fucker would just track you down anyways. so you've accepted that one mission won't hurt. on the bright side, you get money for it. but time was quickly fading as you now had six days left to mentally prepare yourself.

thankfully, training has been keeping your mind occupied lately. you couldn't waste your time getting caught up in the drama. getting your life together was your top priority.

it was currently 10:15 AM on your third day of training and you just finished eating breakfast.

you'd always watch the news in the morning while you ate, you liked being aware of what was going on around the world. but the main reason you watched the news was for the weather, hoping to see chances of thunderstorms or rain. it was your favourite type of weather.

your daily routine was pretty simple. you decided it would be a good idea to do your mental training in your living room and your physical training outside. frankly enough, you found a huge field just outside the city. it was pretty private, didn't look like anyone used it often.

you set your physical training on Mondays-Fridays after 5 PM because it was less likely for people to be out during evening hours, giving you more privacy. plus, you were kind of a night owl.

With only three days of training, your nen has already grown stronger. you were able to expand it to your bedroom now from your living room. before, you could only reach your kitchen. progress was good, but not good enough.

you've always been hard on yourself. it's how you got here in the first place. after all, you did teach yourself nen during those four years alone. the only person to thank was yourself.

your nen was this black aura, mixed with a shade of purple, that a normal person couldn't see with the naked eye.

you created your nen when you were 17. If an object or person was close enough, you were able to control said object or person with a simple stare. but, you had to focus for at least three seconds for something to happen.

If an object or person was more than nine feet away, you had to use your hands to aim them where you'd like. the aura would then flow out of your hands, onto said person or object.

you had lots of flaws. but expansion, energy and time were the top three you've decided to focus on for the next two months.

Today for your mental training, you were focusing on time. you had to decrease the three seconds of consecration, to two seconds. Delay was a weakness you couldn't have. you needed to be able to act quickly.