Was this a dream? You blinked harshly a few times, but the picture in front of you didn't change. Your heartbeat quickened, and you tried to think of anything you did wrong

"Boss just let me kill her." Uvo spat out a fingernail onto the floor. chrollo held up a finger, and Uvo didn't say another word

"Kill me?! uvo- guys it's me!" you pleaded, but chrollo only turned around to give you a dead look. An unnoticed tear fell down your cheek from fear.

chrollo paced back and forth along the glass wall, pondering. "Or maybe you're telling the truth," he suggested as you watched his performance. "Maybe, you honestly don't know that Shalnark and Pakunoda are dead."

time stopped at that moment. dead? You hoped it wasn't true, but you knew it was. kurapika even admitted to it. Both of them were dead. gone. "What..?" a word slipped from your mouth while your brain went in all directions at once. kurapika killed Shalanrk and Paku.

There was an empty hole forming inside you, while your eyes began to feel puffy. It was heartbreak. You knew someone was dead, but you only now snapped into the reality of it after hearing their names being announced.

"And right after shalnarks death, we tracked the phone he gave to you. Nobunaga suspected you. I didn't want to believe him at first." he admitted "But It's funny y/n. You wouldn't believe how it led us right to the killer's home."

fuck. You remembered connecting the two phones data-wise. That way, you could have access to the games from the phone Shal gave you, on your normal phone. This looks really fucking bad. Do they think I killed them? Or does he just think I helped kurapika?

your plan has now gone to complete shit. There was no way out. At least not right now. either way, you still needed to explain yourself. "chrollo i- DAGHH!" you yelped feeling Phinks' hands digging into your shoulders, silently telling you to mute. The pain made it nearly impossible to speak.

chrollo spoke with a hand while the other was still in his pocket "Not to mention you being out in public with the killer's best friend, and then showing up here." he stopped in his tracks, facing you again "Coincidence?"

so it wasn't just your imagination. A troupe member was watching you earlier today. or from what you're hearing, a little longer than that.

At this moment, you wondered if kurapika and Leorio were okay. Okay meaning alive. You should've suspected the troupe was already five steps ahead. It's the Phantom troupe for god sake. One of the most wanted gangs in the world. Of course, they're smart. is hisoka a part of this too?

"Nothing to say?" chrollo teased knowing you couldn't speak because of Phinks' grip. "I mean it all makes perfect sense." chrollo flipped the empty chair around and sat down with his forearms resting on the top rail. "You purposely make friends with the troupe. especially me, to spill information to the chain user."

You shook your head no, holding back a few tears. "Then he kills off a few of us, specifically the weak ones to eliminate his competition. and tonight, he was planning to kill the rest of us." You let out a cry. It was all wrong, and he couldn't see it.

"But you." he reached over, wiping a single tear off of your face "You were making all the moves weren't you y/n?" chrollos mind was already made up. You were a traitor.