:𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

Start from the beginning

And here I was thinking he was smart.

I didn't bother answering him as I pressed my finger against the throttle, swiftly pulling the cord to start the machine. The engine-roared to life; the vibration rattled me down to the tips toes. If the guy on the table had said anything more, I couldn't hear him over the power saw.

Stepping forward, I held it up almost teasingly. As if I'd just killed his pet, the man suspended from the ceiling began shaking. The chains hanging from above rattled, the sound echoing throughout the once serene room.

"What the fuck man!" he shouted, frantically screaming for help as he struggled. His swings became more violent as he thrashed around.
My fingers went numb the longer I held the power saw.

I was getting bored really quickly.

I let him swing, but he had long lost control. His body started to move in a never ending circle. Blood from his wound fell onto my white shirt, making a dark crimson spot appear. My eyes snapped down to my shirt, I focused on it for a second, drowning them both out and sinking into the bliss of chaos. Where some felt spiraling out of control, I felt normal. It was how I imagine everyone felt once in a while, sunken in their own seas of problems steadily trying not let them destroy them.

A slow smile curved across my lips as I stepped forward and held the power saw out. He was unable to stop his body's momentum as he swung directly into the tool. He got stuck between the blade, and his painful scream's intensified by tenfold as the power saw started ripping through his flesh.
With him hanging, I was unable to get enough pressure to actually cut through to the bone. Pulling the weapon free I blinked away the spots of red dotting my vision but that wasn't enough. Taking the cloth that was handed to me I took off my glasses and wiped my eyes then my spectacles.

I stood, calmly watching as the man bathed in carmine liquid. His semi-lifeless body swung back and forth limply and I didn't need to look up to know that his life was flickering out of his dull eyes. Leaving him I moved over his friend, briefly cutting the power of the tool so I could talk to him.

"He was meeting with some guy," the one on the table practically screamed. He kept his eyes straight ahead refusing to look at his comrade. "Please, I honestly have no idea that this would happen"

"What did you think would happen?" I grounded out trying my best to suppress my anger and the urge to kill him right here and now.

"He supposedly paid a guy to take a crate or two." His eyes budged out as I tugged the string on the power saw.

"Wait. Wait!" He frantically shouted.

Luckily for him the engine hadn't started, stopping my movements I allowed it to recoil back.

I cocked a brow urging him to continue.

"I don't where they were supposed to meet but word got around and I heard he got ambushed." He licked his busted lips before coughing. "I swear. I don't shit after that. P—Please just let me go"

"Where is he now?"

He shook his head. "No idea. Only saw him once back at the pier an hour before the transaction and he was surrounded by guards."

I clicked my tongue, "In other words, you're no longer useful."

"Wait! I could...", he trails off thinking about what he could've done to escape from this nightmare. " I could locate him." He was now desperately grabbing at straws.

My head was shaking before he even suggested it.  "Impossible. He's probably fled the country already. And you're practically useless now"

Asher would have to dig into Alexander's files and past work to see who he worked with, when and where the money started to go missing, along with products.