"Jace is here and none of you thought of telling me that?" she asks but waves it off before someone tries to answer, "Is there anything else you would like to tell me before I leave this room?" 

Lyanna open her eyes and look at the faces in front of her. All eyes turn to Aemond.
He clears his throat, "The antidote we used to bring you back came at a price,"
She fears what that price might be, "What price?"
"Cregan will be married to one of Qoren Martell's daughters."

Lyanna feels like flipping all the tables in the room and then doing the same to the chairs. But she composes herself, knowing she will only hurt herself more. She doesn't take her eyes off Aemond. He can see that she wants to strangle him for it.

Lyanna turns around and walks away.
"Lyanna, let me explain," Aemond called after her.
She keeps on walking, "I don't want to hear it."

She can't even die or have a week to recover, otherwise, the whole place becomes a shit show. How could he agree to a marriage proposal for a boy who is only thirteen and a half years old? He is a child! She will deal with it later. Hopefully, Vhagar won't mind going on another trip with her.

°°~~°°~~°°

Lyanna's footsteps echo through the cold stone hallway as she makes her way to the room where they are keeping Jace. The two guards stationed in front of the doors straighten up when they see her approaching. 

"My queen," they greeted in unison.

"Leave" she orders them and gives them both a stern look. This is no way to treat someone who saved her life. Lyanna knocks on the door before pushing it open.

"Jace?" she asks as she keeps her eyes lowered in case he has no clothes on. She can hear a scuffle from behind the door and lift her eyes to investigate.

Jace moves towards her with a smile on his face and without a word he pulls her in for a tight hug. Lyanna put her arms around him, ignoring the pain his hug is causing. 

"I am so sorry that they treated you like this," Lyanna say as she steps away from his hold.

He shakes his head, "I am so glad to see you are awake. Alicent came to see me every day to inform me of your condition. They told me you died."

"I did die, but somehow I came back." she says and looks away before the memories can come back, "Thank you for bringing me home. I don't know where I would've ended up dying if it wasn't for you."

"It is the least I can do." his smile falters, "I don't think my mother and Daemon are so happy about it."

"It doesn't matter what they think now. War has already been declared." Lyanna walks towards the seats in front of the fireplace, sitting down in one. Jace takes a seat next to her.

"Even though I am grateful for your help, I can't let you stay here any longer. Your mother is my enemy now and my bannermen will frown upon the idea of you being here."

Jace nods and stares into the fire. He doesn't answer immediately. Lyanna studies his face the whole time, from the frown between his eyes that keeps on deepening, to the downturn of his mouth. 

Jace turns to her and takes her hands in his, "Lyanna," he starts, "I have loved you ever since the day I first met you. You know that I would take you to be mine in a heartbeat if Aemond pisses you off to such an extent that you want to kill him-"

Lyanna laughs. Yes, I might kill him tonight, she thinks to herself.

"My mother has changed since she became queen and with Daemon at her side it just keeps on getting worse."

Jace gets down on one knee in front of her without letting go of her hands, "I, Jacaerys Velaryon, pledge my fealty to you, Lyanna Stark, Queen of the North. From this day until my last, I will be your sword and shield, your friend and ally. I will fight our enemies to the death and always stay true to my word. If you will have me."

Lyanna is at a loss for words, not fully understanding what is happening in front of her.

She squeezes his hands, "You are willing to declare your mother your enemy to fight for me?"

She always thought Jace is the most loyal subject Rhaenyra has. If her son is willing to turn against her, maybe others can be persuaded as well.

"You are the queen that I believe in. I know your heart, I know your beliefs. That is what I am willing to die for." he says and looks into her eyes, "For you."

Lyanna smiles, "Well then-" she stands and pulls Jace along with her, "Jacaerys Velaryon, I hereby accept your fealty to me and keep you to your oath or I promise to end your life by my sword."

They both start laughing. Lyanna tries to ignore the fact that Jace just declared his love for her, knowing very well that she will never share those feelings with him. It makes her feel like she should be a better friend to him for not feeling the same way. At least Aemond wasn't here, he would've killed Jace for saying it. 

She decided to stay for a little longer, spending time with Jace. Deep inside she only wants to make Aemond angry. She wants him to suffer a bit for what he has done. She also wants to spend time with Jace, he hasn't been to Winterfell since her wedding day and they have so much to talk about. It feels nice to forget about everything for a while because the moment she steps out of the room she must put on her other face. The face she needs to show to the men who don't believe a woman is strong enough to rule, that she can win this war. No more laughing or smiling for no reason. Out there she becomes the greensier, the warrior, the Stark that she must be. The mother and wife will only be allowed to come out behind closed doors.