hisoka met you in the middle of the rink, the referee now standing between the two of you. your eyes didn't rip away from his. he was trying to intimidate you, but it wasn't working. As you stared at him, you heard people say things like "Go easy on the lady!" "Don't hurt her too badly man!" all of these people already assumed you'd lose.

"Good to see you flower~" he greeted

"You knew." you glared

"Of course, I knew." he spoke with his hand "but what fun would it have been to tell you~?"

the crowd grew quiet to listen in, but you had nothing else to say. all you could do was ignore the urge to kill hisoka right then and there.

"Are you ready to fight?" the referee asked you, and you nodded. he then asked hisoka, who put up a fighting stance in response.

it was silent for a moment. or maybe it was just you, and the way your mind suffocated all of the sound around you. just a few seconds ago, you didn't want to fight hisoka at all. but now, you wanted to punch him repetitively in the face more than ever

"Fight!" the referee announced, and so it began.

you didn't want to launch at him right away, you waited to see if he would make the first move. One of the main things you taught yourself, was patience.

you circled hisoka as he stood in one spot, waiting for you to strike.  he was powerful, and you could feel it from a mile away, but that didn't startle you.

still circling him, you waited until his face wasn't visible, and shot out your hand to throw him off his feet with your nen, but he dodged the force.

turning around, hisoka went to kick you across the face, and you quickly jumped back, nearly missing the impact by a hair. he charged at you, and the face he made gave you chills. it was a face of bloodlust. insane bloodlust.

you ran for a bit, keeping him off you, but soon realized there was no use as he was right on top of you. you weren't escaping him. so, you stopped in your tracks and stood your ground. hisoka wasted no time throwing punches at you. it was no doubt that it was extremely difficult to keep up and follow his next move, but you did. you blocked every hit he threw your way.

hisoka threw two fake punches, and you fell for it going to block them. As you put your defences up, it left an opening for hisoka, and he kneed you in the stomach, hard. The hit caused you to stumble back to the ground, and the referee called a critical hit, giving Hisoka two automatic points.

you slowly stood up, coughing a bit from the blow. now standing from afar, you activated your nen. you tried to toss him in the air, giving you an advantage, but you felt something stop you by tugging on your abdomen. fuck! bungee gum. looking down, you seen it attached to you. it was easy to miss, as you couldn't feel it unless he used it. plus, you were too focused on using your own nen. mistake number two.

hisoka sprung you towards him, forcing your body weight off the ground. you pretended to look weak and worried, but you suspected this would happen from the beginning. pretending to let your guard down, you watched as hisoka powered up a punch, directed at your back

you waited until you were close enough to him, spun around, now facing the ceiling mid-air, and did a back-flip kick to his head. hisoka quite literally ate the kick. he hitched a bit but did not fall or stumble. the kick forced him to release his bungee gum on you.

you gained two points, now making it a tie.

you now stood before him again, watching his facial expression which was no longer excited. instead, he was surprised. he had underestimated you. he truly wasn't expecting that. now it was you, who tricked him for once.